Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Full face helmets
  • rascal
    Free Member

Got an uplift day coming up and am thinking of getting one of these…

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/661-comp-helmet-2014/rp-prod113734?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=Shopping&utm_name=UnitedKingdom&gs=1&gclid=CPW3q6ONicACFQH3wgodzQMAVA&gclsrc=aw.ds

Anyone have one? What’s the sizing like?
    Seems to get good reviews and looks a no-brainer at this price.

Furious

I’d say no brainer – I got one for my first Alps trip and found it fine, even for all day riding. I think they’re great value and I was massively relieved to be wearing it when I landed on my face at Antur!

Don’t forget to get some goggles

rascal
    Free Member

I’m off to Stiniog too.
    Did it last summer with a borrowed FF lid…didn’t NEED it but it just gives you that extra bit of confidence.
    Will be deployed during a long-overdue Alps trip next summer too 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    poah
    Free Member

I’ve got one, its pretty light and you will obviously sweat in it more than a standard lid but its comfy and I wear mine all the time (too old to have facial injuries)

Northwind

They’re really good value those, surprisingly light now. Venting and padding isn’t as good as my Urge but then it cost quite a bit more.

mrlugz
    Free Member

I bought that one for my alps trip last week.

Comfy enough, lightweight, good vis but a bit sweaty when pedalling as I found out in the ‘nocturne des ruelles’ race in Bourg on friday night 🙂

Havent crash tested it yet.

The middle visor screw is a bit fiddly.

bradley
    Free Member

Good lid for the price. Found mine ventilated enough when doing downhill work, can’t comment on pedalling with it though.

Crashed mine seriously once and it held up OK. Serious crash that was head first and left me on my back wondering where I was for 15 minutes.

If I end up doing any DH cycling again, this will be my goto helmet if I decide I really don’t wanna use my MX helmet lol.

Also goggles – take a look at motocross goggles. DH goggles are circa £40 iirc where as a decent pair of plain black motocross goggles can be had for £25.

bradley
    Free Member

Sizing also, find your LBS and try it on. That’s the best and only advice I can really give. I found my mtb helmet sizing and motocross helmet sizing the same, so if you do kayaking or anything, that’d be a good start point.

northernmatt

I got a full face for my first uplift day when I went to Stiniog a couple of weeks back. I ended up with an Urge Downomatic for just over £60 when CRC had the extra 10% off helmets and I had a mystery voucher as well. I got the large as I have a large Enduromatic but even then it’s quite snug, I must have a massive heed. Gives much more confidence doing “gnar” stuff than an open face helmet.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Full face helmets’ is closed to new replies.