Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Full Face Helmet – Nearly there but help me with the decision!
  • solarider
    Free Member

Thanks to all those who responded earlier. So, I tried a few on today and I seem to have a THE shaped head. Don't want to pay full wack and these 2 are available at quite a saving. Possibly not my first choice at full price, but which one gets your vote (and you have to pick one of these!)?

The first one is called Electric, the second Vegas Night. Currently favoring Vegas Night

matthew_h
    Free Member

Vegas for definite

titusrider
    Free Member

+1

brakes
    Free Member

vegas, it looks better in reality

steveh

Electric for me, have seen them both in the flesh and think it looks better.

solarider
    Free Member

Looking like a Vegas then? Just one vote for Electric, but steveh has seen them both in the flesh, so now I have a dilema.

brakes
    Free Member

where are buying from?
    sure you can't get another design elsewhere for the same money?

matthew_h
    Free Member

I've seen them both in the flesh too and still far prefer the Vegas

RichPenny
    Free Member

Both minging IMO. Unless you're shit hot on a bike, best to get something fairly plain. You don't want to attract undue attention to your mincing 😉

solarider
    Free Member

£250 RRP. £159 on CRC. £119 where I am looking. The alternative is this one, but whilst I am a CRC fan, not this much!

The nicer models are still £250 elsewhere.

As I said, neither would be my first choice, but they fit and I won't see the design from the inside!

juiced
    Free Member

like the first one best

solarider
    Free Member

Man alive! This isn't helping.

RichPenny, you are quite right. Don't want to attract attention to my mediocre bike handling skills, but most full facers seem to be pretty lairy. That's the dilema. I tried the 661 and it didn't match my head shape, and the Troy Lee is way over budget.

I was hoping that the dodgy stripper on the Vegas would be covered by the goggles strap anyway.

MrAgreeable

I think that Vegas one looks ace. Just get a talented seamstress to knock you up matching race pyjamas and you'll be away. 😉

juiced
    Free Member

that's first of the first lot.

juiced
    Free Member

what about Bell?

Duane…
    Free Member

First for me.

But whats with this decision by commitee? Make your own mind up! 😛

matthewlhome
    Free Member

vegas.

solarider
    Free Member

Yep, that's right Duane! Can't make my mind up, so just thought I would ask to see if there is a clear winner (which there doesn't seem to be!).

benji_allen
    Free Member

Top one, defo. Don't like the green in the Vegas one.

solarider
    Free Member

Starting to agree. Ignoring the detail of the design, I think the Electric (the first blue one) has better colours. Just not sure about the dodgy 'Tales of the Unexpected' sillouette! Again, hoping it would be largely covered by goggles strap.

benji_allen
    Free Member

You can see more of the weave on the top one too.

I get you on the silhoutte, but wtf has playing with cards and dice got to do with mountain biking?

solarider
    Free Member

Agreed. Definitely going for the electric. Found this and it looks better in the flesh:

Why pay for carbon if you can't see it?!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

661 have at least two head shapes, one fits me the other doesn't.

jam-bo

at that price its probably a 2008 model, which only retailed at £159ish to start with and didnt come with a spare peak.

Tracey

James cycles had some cheap 2009 The helmets. I think Kevin paid £104 for his

Tracey

GW
    Free Member

they're all well ugly but sandpaper is cheap enough 😉

carlphillips
    Free Member

get the vegas.

Olly
    Free Member

[img]http://www.sicklines.com/news-images/2009_giro_remedys.jpg[/img]

fancy the zombies Remedy, myself, but not sure i can jutify it really, for "DH dabbling" on my 456

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Remember with the THE lids – all the Shells are the same size so you can buy any size helmet in the design you like and then just buy the appropriate size padding to fit your head…

solarider
    Free Member

Thanks all. Useful to know one_happy_hippy.

jam bo – it's a 2009 spec carbon model on offer at £119.99 from Rutland Cycling. Bargain!

Went for Electric in the end:

With a set of these to match/clash!

The blues do match in real life evidently. The blue of the helmet is far more navy than electric blue.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Good choice, I'm with you on the Electric.

I had a carbon/blue THE and it was excellent. Did the job well at the Masters Worlds but sadly needs replacing now! I like the price and fit of THE so will be getting another.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Full Face Helmet – Nearly there but help me with the decision!’ is closed to new replies.