Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Full face helmet …. for a 5 year old and for a 35 year old
  • letmetalktomark

So I took a spill on a BMX track back in September resulting in some broken things, some bruised things and some scuffed things – confidence took a knock too.

It was rather spectacular (apparently, I don’t really remember it 😳 ) and resulted in me using my face to stop. 😐

Fortunately I was wearing a full face but I still managed to cut my face under my eye. If I had been wearing my regular helmet I would have been in a literal world of pain ……. 😐 I think the helmet may have been a write off.

I got back on though and completed my lap 😆

Anyhoo…..

LMTTM Jnr has just turned 5 and is keen to head up the BMX/Pump/Skate park locally. Partly due to the above I would like to get him a full face helmet.

So any recommendations?

I’d also like to get me one too for having a play too and given the above I wouldn’t want to play open faced 😆

I was at Haleigh Park yesterday and was pleased to see a good few full face helmets worn but kids and adults so am hoping this isn’t too much of a strange request.

stevied
    Free Member

Best option could be to go the BMX track and see if there are any kids the same sort of age wearing full-face. If they are, ask if your lad can try them on.
    Not much choice in kids FF but a lot of the adult stuff goes down to an XS which is about 50-52cm and I doubt if many shops would stock much in that size.

twistedpencil

One industries are cheap on CRC at the moment, think they have gone pop now. Fox do youth sizes as do a number of manufacturers. Your local BMX club will likely have a range of sizes you could try for size.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Full face helmet …. for a 5 year old and for a 35 year old’ is closed to new replies.