Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Full Face Helmet – Fitting advice
  • MRanger156
    Free Member

Hi,

Bought a THE T2 Carbon from the internet and at first though it was the correct size but after playing around with it im not too sure now. The top my head is a snug comfortable fit but the lower part is slightly loose. The cheek pads touch my cheeks but do not really hold it firmly in place and if I shake my head the helmet moves slightly.

How tight should the fit be? I can send it back but I think the small would be too small.

Obviously its best to try on in shops but not many shops stock full face helmets and CRC prices are considerably cheaper.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

send it back and try the next size down, after all it’s cheaper… then get the medium back.

Should be firm fit and not flop round really though.

rocketman
    Free Member

With the helmet on your head but not fastened, if you turn the helmet your face should move with it i.e. it should be a fairly snug fit. With it fastened properly you should not be able to pull it over your head from behind.

From what you’ve said your THE sounds too big. My 661 Recon was the same and as the padding settles in it only gets worse

Have a look at Fox Rampage there are 5 different sizes. Fox UK is somewhere in the NE my lbs got a couple in for me to try no probs

MRanger156
    Free Member

Going to send it back then, like you say will only get worse once it packs out.

Anyone know of shops near Leeds/Harrogate that sell full face helmets?

nols
    Free Member

put the helmet on your head, and do up the strap. Hold the mouth guard area lightly and attempt to turn your head inside the helmet. The cheek pads should immediately stop any rotation and the mouth guard should be being pulled out of your had BEFORE any significant rotation of your head.

Fit should be snug, and comfortable without any one area being pressured by the shell of the helmet.

Try a few different brands, I use a Troy Lee despite being able to get Kali at trade. The Kali helmets are awesome and so so light. Tony and a load of the others I ride with use ’em. I’ve just got a massive noggin so run the Troy Lee in Carbon. Don’t buy the cheapest you can, try loads on, pick the one you want.

PS doing up the strap ensures that the sides are properly supported when trying it out for fit. Leaving them undone allows the helmet ‘sides’ to flex

MRanger156
    Free Member

Thanks nols – ill try that before I send it back.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Full Face Helmet – Fitting advice’ is closed to new replies.