Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Full face helmet
  • astura
    Free Member

After a full face helmet for casual freeride, getting brave now and i like my chin so wouldnt mind a little more protection.

I want new but am struggling to find a decent deal, dont want to spend a lot as it will only be worn every now and then, so 30quid is about ideal.

Anybody know any deals out there, iv checked the obvious crc google, just wondering if anybody has come across snything.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Spend a bit more and get a 661/THE from Merlin or a Bell. £50/60 and try them on first!

I used (and still own) a Bell Bellistic and rate it- also own a Troy Lee but not used to date

kimbers

decathlon do some budget ones, I can attest to their sturdiness too, having taken some very big falls in the alps

(looks like they dont do the £30 one any more they also have the bell sanction for 50 tho)

my urge down-o-matic is a lot more comfy and well vented though!

svalgis
    Free Member

……don’t forget the pressure suit as well, can never be too sure around them trail centres!

I’m sure they’ll let you know when they want your expert advice on how much or little protection they’re allowed to wear.

astura
    Free Member

Dont really want to fork out £50, but if i manage to sell my fox rampage helmet i may be able to. Bought it before measur8ng my head accuratley. Donkey!

Are the 661 best for around 50quid?

astura
    Free Member

Not sure if pressure suit needed at this stage, i have knee pads. The elbow pads and a evoc bike bag with back protector so if i should fall which i do often i bounce around. Evoc bag was great for snowboarding too looked like a ninja turtle but was nice and soft to fall on.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Sorry to point this out but your going to get the wrong lid. You need to see what fits then go front there. If it doesn’t fit your head it doesn’t matter if it’s 20 quid or 200.

As for wearing protective gear wear what your comfortable with. Those who mock will get a visit from kama one day.

Northwind

Aye, fit is most important, any amount of money you spend will be wasted if it goes on a bad fit.

nealglover
    Free Member

Those who mock will get a visit from kama one day.

ka·ma
    /?käm?/
    The god of love, typically represented as a youth with a bow of sugar cane, a bowstring of bees, and arrows of flowers.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Full face helmet’ is closed to new replies.