Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • full face and goggle recommendations pur leeese
  • howsyourdad1
    Free Member

off to Hafjell to go big (obvs) please recommend me a budget – mid price helmet and goggles , budget 150 for the lot. Many thanks . Oh I know the stock answer is what fits but a general guide please at what to look for…. Thanks!

deviant
    Free Member

At that price go for the 661 Comp helmet (circa £70 new), then whichever goggles you like…mine are from the local Moto-X shop in the next town along and were about £20 new!…if you’re looking for MTB specific you’ll be fleeced accordingly for some reason?!

Weird that almost identical MX and DH stuff has such a disparity in price….like my other half’s horse riding hobby, go to Homebase and buy a wheelbarrow for £20…go down the road to the local horsey tack shop and hand over double that for the same wheelbarrow!

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Can I use my snowboard googles? Or is that a world of embarrassing dad pain?

deviant
    Free Member

Goggles are goggles IMO, just check they fit flush to your skin with the helmet you buy, I know most snowboard helmets are open face so the goggles may have a larger size as they’re not having to fit in the smaller aperture of a full face lid….that’s about the only problem I can foresee but you don’t know unless you try, take your goggles to your LBS and try on a few full facers….just remember to ignore the sales bod trying to flog you MTB specific goggles for most of your budget!

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Ok great will do. Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘full face and goggle recommendations pur leeese’ is closed to new replies.