Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Full carbon bikes for under £300!
  • lightman
    Free Member

It doesn’t seem right, but the cost of a cheap carbon frame & fork are probably not much more than £50, so can they build the rest of the bike for less than that?!
    There is no proper specs for any of the bikes, so is it just a case of hope you get what you see in the picture?

Rigid mtb £226
    6.8kg road bike £295

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Well, according to the seller, this is a 26*17 in 27 Speed Disc Brake Mountain Bike Super Light 9.5kg Bicycles

Something a little fishy, I’d say….

lightman
    Free Member

Yeah, they just seem to do the typical Chinese thing, and that is just throw a lot of English words and numbers at their ad and hope for the best!

davidtaylforth
    Free Member
    Eddiethegent

It seems too good a price to be true, but I struggle to see their angle.

Even if the frame, fork and carbon parts have been pulled from the factory rejects bin, what about the 105 groupset? Here’s another from the same vendor with Ultegra.

Is there another factory knocking out fake Shimano kit or do they ship the bikes with a bargain basement groupset and hope people don’t notice?

Maybe I’m just too cynical!

DezB
    Free Member

Looks like a typical hijacked account to me

lightman
    Free Member

There are several accounts with the same sort of bikes, plus none of the bikes are particularly top end, which are the bikes that normally get posted in hacked accounts.
    The fat bike prices are about right for the type of bikes they are too, and I have been watching them for a few weeks now, and hacked accounts are usually sorted pretty quickly and the sellers don’t respond to bad feedback.

lunge

I won’t lie, I’m quite tempted by one. £200 through PayPal seems cheap enough to take a punt to me.

chakaping
    Free Member

All the feedback appears to be for ladies hats.

But all the current items appear to be bikes.

Anyone want to borrow this bargepole? I’m not gonna be using it.

njee20
    Free Member

Hmmm, the 6.8kg road bikes look a bit nuts, they are auctions though, so I guess it’s maybe a loss leader to get you going back, seems unlikely though.

None of the ones I looked at actually had a spec, or geometry, or anything. So it’s all a bit vague.

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Full carbon Forms bikes at Rutland cycling half price at £500 at least you know what your getting….

shermer75
    Free Member
    njee20
    Free Member

I think the thread was about the specific legitimacy of the eBay Chinese carbon bikes, rather than someone looking for random discounted bikes…

bikerdan
    Free Member

Anyone put in a bid for one? As others have said, tempted to try for £200.

lightman
    Free Member

As njee said, but those two examples above of bikes available in the UK for that price, surely means that the cost straight from the manufacture would make the ebay ones about right?

There isn’t any feedback on the bikes yet because apparently they get shipped, literally, by boat. So 30-40 days before you get them, and I think they have only been selling them for a few weeks or so.

I would be very tempted (still am!) to get one, but I have just bought a new fatty frame, so all my time/money is going into building that up at the moment.

pitchpro2011
    Free Member

Do you really want to go 40mph down a road on a bike that could be as strong as a wet bag. I look at that and images of the fork snapping into on braking flood my mind.

chakaping
    Free Member

Exactly!

It’s hairy enough bombing downhill at those kind of speeds, without that to worry about too.

The Forme looks a good buy though.

russjp
    Free Member

30-40 day shipping! How long is the dispute feature available on PayPal, so when it doesn’t show up you can claim a refund!

njee20
    Free Member

^^ just what sprung to my mind. Conveniently after the dispute period perchance?!

I have a shitty stick I’ll not touch them with, and I have a Deng Fu.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Is it not 180 days for a paypal dispute now? Could be wrong but I thought I got an email about that the other day.

deadkenny
    Free Member

One negative comment about shipping by sea and no tracking. Not sure what the outcome is there, but guessing “lost at sea” 😉

The bulk of items being hats for a couple of quid and then odd listings for bikes that don’t match the description at stupid prices.

Buyer beware. Too good to be true. eBay.

lightman
    Free Member

Do you really want to go 40mph down a road on a bike that could be as strong as a wet bag. I look at that and images of the fork snapping into on braking flood my mind.

Really!
    There are thousands & thousands of happy people out there riding their Chinese carbon bikes, including me on my £200 ebay f/f road bike.
    The basic principal of check everything over properly when you get it, brand name or not, still applies.
    Try not to be terrified of everything you don’t understand or have no experience with 😉

And yep, 180 days for PP disputes now!

njee20
    Free Member

Fair enough!

I’ll revert to my comments on there being no info at all on the spec, geometry or even the size being the most dubious thing about them. I don’t believe the weight either.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Full carbon bikes for under £300!’ is closed to new replies.