Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Fulcrum replacement spokes
  • bigyinn
    Free Member

I’ve got a Fulcrum Red Metal 1 XL front wheel.
    On sunday I was JRA (yes really!) when I heard a clunk. Turns out one of the non-disc side spokes had snapped at the hub.
    Big wobble in the wheel, given I’ve only got 7 instead of 8 spokes on that side now.
    I’ve managed to remove the spoke and nipple and trying to source a replacement spoke is proving rather frustrating.
    I’ve found what I think is the right spoke on e-bay, that in itself is £10, but the postage is £23!! WHAT??! 😯
    Anyone got a better source of these spokes, pref from the UK?
    Its a sliver Aluminium spoke with a length of ~265mm.
    Thanks all!

bigyinn
    Free Member

Bump for the lunchtime mob.
    Anyone?

bigyinn
    Free Member

Nobody?

Wow. STW, has failed to answer a bike related question. 😥 Sad times.

Are fulcrum really that shite? I know they like to use silly proprietary bearing sizes too.
    The bastards.

Northwind

They are that shite sadly. There’s a 15mm adaptor for my old wheels, it’s just impossible to buy- they gave me a part number, wrong part, then they went silent. You could buy spokes, a packet of 8 for IIRC £32 plus p&p. Oh and a replacement rim was something demented like £160. One of the few companies I’ll not buy from again.

(On bearings, they used a nonstandard code in mine because of their bloody stupid seal-on-one-side accelerated failure to reduce drag by 0.00001% of a noticable amount, but the actual bearing was a standard size)

Have to say the wheels were perfectly good- in my case, basically a Crossmax SX for less than half the price of a Crossmax SX. Decent backup should be easier than designing a good wheel

ktaylor
    Free Member

I had spokes break on some road wheels. Ended up getting some directly from their UK distributer i-ride.

See their email to me below for original suggestion I get lbs to order from them:
    Yes we are the distributor. We do currently have a mini spoke kit for those wheels in stock, a mini kit comes with 5 spokes, we don’t do the spokes separately though. You just need to go to a Fulcrum dealer and get them to order them from us for you. If you need to know where is the nearest place for you, log on to our website and click on stockists, then select Fulcrum and look through to find your nearest dealer. Thank you.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Thanks NW and ktaylor.
    Hmmm, All is need is one spoke. I guarantee there wont be a dealer in easy reach, as im on the Isle of Wight.
    I’ll drop them an e-mail and see how it goes.
    I’ve dug my old Hope Sport wheel out and i’ll sort the fulcrum out at my leisure.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Bugger me, the LBS up the road from me is a stockist. I shall pop in tomorrow and prepare to lube up!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Fulcrum replacement spokes’ is closed to new replies.