Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Fulcrum Red Power SL freehub removal
  • f757lkk
    Free Member

Hi can anyone help me out? I’m trying to remove the freehub from my fulcrum red power SL wheelset. I’ve looked in the tech manual from fulcrum and it shows that the hub just pulls away when the axle is removed…. This does not seem to be the case. There does appear to be a hex cut into the centre of the hole running through the middle of the hub which is around 11mm AF. But that’s all I can see and this isn’t mentioned in the disassembly instructions. There’s no circlips as far as I can see so does anyone have any ideas?

Jamie

f757lkk
    Free Member

Any ideas?

baznav73
    Free Member

Never needed to use an allen key to remove the freehub on any of the fulcrum hubs iv’e taken apart, have you got the axle out if not sometimes the freehub body bearings get stuck to the axle.

theonlywayisup
    Free Member

I’ve just encountered that exact problem with those same hubs. The freehub body is held onto the hub by a bolt (similar to Shimano hubs), but it’s not a hex. It is rounder with several grooves (best way I can describe it).

It is the part at the bottom of page 19 of this Fulcrum manual immediately to the right of the axle in the exploded components diagram.

http://www.fulcrumwheels.com/system/documents/files/TECH_MANUAL_2012_FULCRUM_OFF-ROAD_ENG.pdf

A 10mm Allen key goes straight through. Maybe an 11mm will engage ok, but I don’t have one to hand.

@f757lkk – did you get to the bottom of this?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Fulcrum Red Power SL freehub removal’ is closed to new replies.