Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Fulcrum Racing 3s vs Shimano RS80 C24s
  • kennyp
    Free Member

Looking to upgrade the wheels on my Specialized Roubaix. Reckon both these wheelsets fit both my needs and budget, but wondered if anyone has any thoughts on which is the better? A few extra bits of info:-

I’m a sportive rider, not a racer. And some of the sportives I ride don’t have the best quality roads, hence getting the Roubaix in the first place.

I’m hopeless at getting tyres on and off, so ease of removal and fitting is important.

I’m around the 75 kg mark, so weight isn’t too much of an issue I hope.

It’s not the Fulcrum 2 way fit I’m after, just the normal clinchers.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

RS80’s here. Great wheels but after around 8000 mile as the freehub has died and the drive side bearings have turned to rust. I was a big lad so this might have something to do with it and I do go out in any weather.

mrchrispy

RS80s here and they are ace. had them 3 years now and they had been faultless, was and upgrade from aksiums and it was like riding a different bike!

kennyp
    Free Member

Sounds like the RS80s are edging ahead now. Thanks for the replies. The 8,000 mile thing isn’t an issue as they are only for use on the good bike in summer, so won’t see a heavy mileage.

stevious

I have the Fulcrums on my roadbike. Have done 4000km on them in cruddy weather and on earthquake-damaged roads with no problems. Very easy to get tyres on/off compared to my old Pro-Lites.

Am guessing either wheel would do the job well though, so just go for whichever one is on a deal or more convenient. When I looked the german websites had the Fulcrums chaper than the Shimanos, but the Euro was at a low ebb at that point.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Fulcrum Racing 3s vs Shimano RS80 C24s’ is closed to new replies.