• This topic has 10 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by TP.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Fujifilm x10
  • TP
    Free Member

My wife has decided she would like a fujifilm X10 and given her artistic talent I can see no problem with this decision. Where should I buy it, a card and possibly a case.

Google throws up lots of companies I’ve never heard of and before anybody says the local camera shop that’s a 60 mile round trip.

Thanks all.

marsdenman
    Free Member

Online, you say…
    I’d go with WEX
    Formerly known as Warehouse Express.
    Big, well known and, IME, reliable.

edit – BTW, know a couple of people that have them. It’s a cracking piece of kit.

Fueled
    Free Member

Amazon (direct rather than marketplace), or somewhere reputable like Jessops (remember to get cashback). Anywhere else and you have a high risk of grey imports, causing all sorts of warranty issues. Make sure you get a version that has had the orb issue fixed as well.

stevemakin

great camera, buy a spare battery as well, WEX is as good as any where

kiwijohn

Not the orb issue! Blown out of all proportion in my opinion.
    If the serial number starts with 22 & it has firmware 1.03, it won’t be an issue. Even a 21 serial number like mine should be fine. I certainly can’t make orbs.
    Great camera.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Great camera, got mine via amazon, along with an additional battery and the how to take good pictures with the X10 book.

TP
    Free Member

Thanks everybody. Great to hear good feedback on the camera. I’ve heard of WEX so pleased to hear they’re recommended. Obviously heard of amazon as well. I’ve yet to dip my toe into the world of cashback sites. Which ones are reputable?

stew1982
    Free Member

Have a look online at the fuji refurb store – lots of reports of it being cheap and reliable – plus I’ve heard a lot of reports that they are coming out looking brand spanking new with no apparent sign of any use at all (although there is a chance it might not be mint!)

stew1982
    Free Member

Oh and have a look around online for a discount code – they seem to have them a lot for 10-15% off the refurbs

ChrisHeath

I’ve just bought one. Only had it since thursday, love it so far.

Got mine from Amazon (direct).

TP
    Free Member

Thanks everybody. She has purchased one from WEX. Looking forward to playing with it.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Fujifilm x10’ is closed to new replies.