Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Fuji X-E1 experiences?
  • ElShalimo

Anyone got one or played with one?

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I got a recon xe2 from the Fuji shop with a discount code from here, search for x20. I’m guessing a recon xe2 ain’t much dearer than a used xe1 by the way, with the discount code that is.

Code only works on reconditioned ones. Whilst my X20 was clearly used by the look of a few harmless scratches on the scree, but the Xe2 was like new but has taken about 1200 photos prior to me getting it.

I originally got an X20 but wasn’t happy with the overall experience, nice to have a proper zoom and all but it just didn’t do it for me.

Sold it and got an X E2. Loving the proper camera controls, aperture ring on the lens, twist the lens to zoom, dial to adjust shutter speed. That’s about all you needed in the film days anyway.

There’s lots more to it by the way inside the menus etc.

I’m happy to recommend it to anyone who has a fair idea about cameras, their operation and so on.

Lovely build quality, great results. Not quite sure about some of the colour saturation I see on my screen just yet though but it’s easily toned down a tad.

I’ve not become annoyed at lack of focus speed or shutter lag so I guess it must be fine.

ElShalimo

Thanks, what lenses are you using with it?

coolhandluke
    Free Member

18-55, it’s a beauty. Ability to throw the background out of focus is nice to.

I think Ken Rockwell did a thorough test and review of the X-E1 and 18-55 lens. Worth a read.

footflaps

I think Ken Rockwell did a thorough test and review of the X-E1 and 18-55 lens. Worth a read.

STW is slipping, you managed to mention Ken Rockwell without getting 200+ replies slating him 😉

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Yes, i get the feeling somebody is watching me.

ElShalimo

PMSL

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I quite like his reviews, hes a bit of a prick though.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Fuji X-E1 experiences?’ is closed to new replies.