Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • Fuggly cars
  • CharlieMungus
    Free Member

what?? That Saab is lovely, as have been many Saabs before it!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

SAAB 900s are good looking cars!

RustySpanner

I like a lot of the cars on here:

Love the Multipla, Enzo, Renault 12, Cube, Aston and don’t mind the Kia Soul.

The Juke is impractical, inefficient, but quite funny.
    I really should hate it but I don’t.

I hated the Citroen Picasso when they first came out.
    I quite like them now, but only in a dark colour – form vs function and all that.

The Porsche Panamera is an act of cowardice.
    There is just no reason for it to look like a stretched 911, it’s just lazy design as per the new MINI, Fiat 500, new Beetle etc etc.

The 928 was far more beautiful and honest.

EDIT: A Saab 900 ugly?
    I’m going to have to go to the chippy to get over that one.

Pieface

I think that big Porsche looks quite good in the flesh.

The big Mini’s and Juke’s aren’t my cup of tea.

Has a Multipla ever been stolen? I thought that would be a good point to buy one.

Wozza
    Free Member

Flying OX is right… I saw one of these in the flesh in Manchester last week, it’s actually uglier than the picture.

That Saab 900 is great, you must ride a Jones.

ski
    Free Member

That Saab 900 is great, you must ride a Jones

lol

Never thought the Saab 900 as ugly either, but everyone has different tastes I guess

ski
    Free Member

OK, Here is a weird one, well for me anyway 😉

I live quite close to the factory & when you see them in the flesh, they look amazing, but for some reason, photographed, they never look so hot?

What does everyone here think?

DezB
    Free Member

Saab 900 was my dream car! (Well, sort of). Had to settle for newer ones. Far from fugly though, whereas..

My brother had to sell those to people, but he always made sure they knew it looked like an invalid carriage.

derek_starship
    Free Member

willard

I once had an OAP comment that he would seriously like to buy a Nissan Micra (late 80’s vintage) for his wife as it has big doors. “My wife has an artificial leg you see. It would be easier for her to get in and out of it.”.

Mind you, it was still a dire car.

If you want ugly, you need to look inward at the Land Rover 88’s, 90’s and Defenders. Before anyone gets the hump, they are ugly without a shadow of a doubt, but like a mangy dog, are wonderful things.

derek_starship
    Free Member

That Saab 900 is gorgeous man!

Looks better in black or graphite but a cracking shape.

portlyone

To my, possibly younger, eye the Saab 900 looks like a first attempt they got wrong.

specialknees
    Free Member

Wozza.
    What is that Jaguar type car thing, that one proper munter.

Cant beleve someone has put a Saab 900 up, I think they are a great looking car.

That new Mini 4 thing is just awfull, BMW are really pushing their luck there.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Saab have long made lovely cars

barbus
    Free Member

Those last TVR’s the ones with huge holes drilled here there and everywhere, They where truly ugly.

Looks like BMW are pulling the same trick with the mini, take a good looking car and year by year make it into something horrible.

Bregante

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the Austin Princess. Never has a car been less appropriately named.

PJM1974
    Free Member

The Saab 900 is lovely! Even in it’s later incarnations, it managed to look reasonably fresh and hide it’s short wheelbase.

If you park it next to a 1985 vintage 5 Series, I know which I prefer the look of.

RustySpanner

Oi, that’s a great looking car!
    Poorly built, under developed and the colours were awful, but the shape is fantastic.

The same bloke designed the TR7 and the Allegro.
    Surely this is his best effort?

fandango
    Free Member

I’m surprised nobody has mentioned the Rodius-wannbe, bmw x6. Or the x5. Or the x3 coming to think of it. And pretty much any SUV. BTW Multipla is sooo out-there, it’s cool!

grtdkad

That jag-a-like vehicle is a cheap n nasty exec car from China isn’t it? So Monstrous it hurts my eyes.

I agree about the Morgans. They are a thing of beauty on the road. Stunning.

TheFlyingOx

That Jag thing is Exhibit c) in the Mitsuoka Motor Design Hall Of Shame.

Mitsuoka are a Japanese company that make all manner of horrific-looking vehicles. That one’s based on the Micra, and should have been drowned at birth along with the “visionary” who designed it.

TheFlyingOx

In fact, it looks like it could have come from the minds of this aesthetically bereft pair of chancers:
    Chop Shop London Garage

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

The Multipla was by the same guy as the Fiat Coupe and is now head of BMW design – he did that nasty boot that you saw on other than 3 series.

The Nissan Juke is growing on me 😳

The Kia Soul isn’t bad to my eye.

rkk01
    Free Member

Walter de Silva?

Also did the Alfa 156 and 147 – both rather lovely

Wozza
    Free Member

It looks terrible from the back too…

Here’s a whole website of ugly

andrewh
    Free Member

The Vehicross and Lagonda are great looking machines!
    These are hideous contraptions
    is the worst but these are nearly as bad, only saved by being less plasticy

Russell96

Suzuki X-90

fandango
    Free Member

A quick clarification. Pete Davis designed the Multipla, as opposed to Chris Bangle who designed the Coupe Fiat (its correct name). Walter da Silva did recent Alfa’s but zagato did the utter fabulous il mostro (SZ).

john_drummer
    Free Member

controversial, and perhaps this belongs in the other fuggly car thread, but:

cynic-al
    Free Member

Interesting thread…some cars are clearly badly designed, some are just styled controversially.

The reactions of many posters is depressing tho…why hate variety?

Oh and you should see the drawings for the Princess…it started as a beautiful concept.

Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘Fuggly cars’ is closed to new replies.