Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Ftb Stamp duty race – did you have a happy ending
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

Flaperon et all how did it go in the end for you ?

After a few hickups with mortgages and the like We got in in the end( 4 weeks from offer to completion) despite our buying asking to postpone by a week ‘- phoned him direct and he explained he didnt think he would have all his gear out in time – said not a problem leave it and collect it before the end of the following week but if we dont complete on friday it costs me 2k

Got the keys on friday – not seen it empty yet as im in the ukraine but the mrs and my dad have been for a nosy and i got happy reports !

New issue – where to go online for bargain kitchen appliances – washing machine , fridge freezer and dish washer.
    And where to shop in the flesh for a Decent matress and a decent sofa ( are all sofas order now recieve in 12 weeks ?)

jam-bo

Ikea

trail_rat
    Free Member

Do they have more than what their website shows ? Nearest ikea is 150/200 miles away and the choice on their website is not very good for sofas.

jam-bo

There cheap, pretty well put together and you can drive away with most of them. No idea about the website.

PeaslakeDave
    Free Member

I completed on friday morning too 🙂 Such a relief! except it took about 5 months instead of 4 weeks

Flaperon

Also completed Friday morning – think it was about three weeks in total from mortgage application but exchange was the Friday before so could have been even earlier if needed.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Good news for all then ! Hopefully tomorrow night ill see my house again inside for first time in a month !

CarryGrant
    Free Member

And where to shop in the flesh for a Decent matress

If you’re in Aberdeen environs try Glencraft on Wellington Road. I have back problems and bought new bed there last year – not had one ‘bad-back’ bad nights sleep since. 😀

trail_rat
    Free Member

Ah yes forgot about them

Carrygrant – that your real name or a forum name …. Used to have a customer by that name at the shop i used to work in

King-ocelot
    Free Member

No, 2 offers on houses turned down. Still looking 🙁

geoffj

John Lewis?

phiiiiil

We completed on Friday afternoon! Our offer was made back in January, but nothing seemed to happen for ages. The last two weeks have been mental though, it has felt like it’s all been on then off several times a day.

Now to spend all the saved stamp duty money on improvements several times over… 🙂

CarryGrant
    Free Member

trail_rat, sadly forum only. Mr Cary Grant being my sartorial God 8)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Ftb Stamp duty race – did you have a happy ending’ is closed to new replies.