Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 153 total)
  • FT William WC DH this weekend
  • Stevet1
    Free Member

Looking forward to this one, it’s going to be a fast one – my money is on Minaaaaaaar FTW and about a million 27.5″ V10’s on Pinkbike classifieds the next day.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yep bets on Greg but Sam hill rumoured to be trying for a top 5 to get into cairns so watch out.

jonnym92

Heading up tomorrow, really excited. Hoping for decent enough weather (though nothing is going to top last year) at least the same for all on the Sunday. Danny Hart won the BDS there so can’t rule him out – would love to see Sam Hill back to form, he’s been flying at the EWS.

coomber
    Free Member

Can’t wait. Shame Gee is missing. Anyone know how long he is off the bike for?

Anyone seen the forecast? Don’t mind if it’s not sunny but hoping it’s not terrible weather (fingers crossed)

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

and about a million 27.5″ V10’s on Pinkbike classifieds the next day.

Yawn…

Given that a massive amount of DHers are still on 26 inch bikes, I really can’t see that happening, but do carry on…

nickc

Anyone seen the forecast?

sunshine and showers, hopefully not as biblical as Lourdes (did you see what I did there?)

I think after Rd.1 everyone is going to be raring to go, it should be epic! Not going to even try to guess a winner…(one of the syndicate, probs)

Gutted for Gee, can’t see him coming back this season TBH

mikewsmith
    Free Member

[video]https://youtu.be/LZyslJQKL1I[/video]
    Full insights

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Claudio’s preview is up on Red Bull.

RustyNissanPrairie

Heading up in a few hours time, looking forward to a great weekend!

mindmap3
    Free Member

27.5″ V10’s on Pinkbike classifieds the next day

This season is going to be dominated by the 27.5 vs. 29 debate the likes of Bruni isn’t very happy about 29ers.

Hoping that Hart goes well this weekend. Guessing that Rachel will takes the ladies race.

daviek

Kids dropped off at school and the grandparents are going to pick them up. Just waiting on the boss to finish her packing and we are heading off!
    As mentioned above the weather won’t touch last year but I’m looking forward to it, I’ve even got a daft grin on my face while I type this.

chakaping
    Free Member

My money is on Danny on his 29er. Greg, gwin and brosnan on podium.

Loic either top three or crash.

Rachel 1, tahnee 2, manon 3

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Daft question – anyone know if i can get the coverage via bt tv? i think it should be on the bike channel but can’t see a listing for it.

nickc

I normally which via Red Bul TV on t’web

wordnumb
    Free Member

@ dangeourbrain – Bike Channel sez they’re showing it, men’s from 4pm ish, women’s earlier.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Well that’s my weekend sorted, still got left over beer and bbq food from last weekend so long as i remember to defrost some burgers.

federalski
    Free Member

Forgot about the Bike Channel showing the downhill, do they just piggyback the Redbull coverage with Warner on Commentary?
    Usually watch the DH back later on at Redbull but might try catch it live on the Bike Channel but you kind of get used to Warner commentating and someone else shouting the riders down would almost seem a bit weird.

justaname
    Free Member

Its the Redbull coverage (Including Warner) on the bike Channel, well it was for Lourdes anyway

wideboy
    Free Member

Leaving now, COWBELLS packed! 😀

Along with goretex waterproofs, suncream and midge net, you just never know what you’re getting, gotta love Scotland!

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Just seen the timed practice times.
    Woooo! Go Rachel!

Larry_Lamb
    Free Member

We’re ere. Can’t wait for Sunday.

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

The girlfriend is away this weekend, all household jobs are done, roll on Sunday. Can’t ride as I’ll be looking after my daughter all weekend so looking forward to this, CBeebies will have to make way for red bull tv 😆

Hope the weather stays the same for all the riders as I’m genuinely interested to see how these 29ers compare.

5plusn8
    Free Member

My mates have two spare sunday tickets available with gondola if anyone is stuck.

daviek

Just a quick note, there’s bag search’s in the queue to get in, loads of booze getting poured out by staff

geoffj

😐

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Blimey, Rachel is rocking the qualifying.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Go Greg!

daviek

Be interesting to see how the track is tomorrow if the rain we had in Fort William itself a couple of hours ago also hit the track.
    Felt a bit sorry for the juniors I’d guess close to half must have had offs on the way down judging by the state of them

dannyh
    Free Member

VitalMTB have a couple of raw vids up. You can see the riders really pushing today. Greg for the win? He’s got the experience, he’s got the nous, he’s got the fitness and the skills.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Come on Greg!! Amazing when he gets the bike that fits him how fast he has got!!
    Some big gaps up there as always but the woods could still see somebody come unstuck. Could the Syndicate get the double? Last win on 26″ first on 29″? Vergier looks to be hauling it too.
    Though a quick look down the list suggests some offs? Brayton and Sam Hill way down, Luca Shaw too? Question are the top finishers from Rd1 now protected? So some interesting people to be slotted in??

mikewsmith
    Free Member

ah the pink bike photo round up explains one

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/the-classic-fort-william-dh-world-cup-qualifying.html

and something the Pro’s have been getting perfected this year the rain drop shot

martinxyz
    Free Member

I wonder if Sam Hills fitness is better than its ever been. It might be enough for him to keep on ploughing through the pain and take a very good place on the podium. GM 2nd and DH 3rd. Gwinn …7th!

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I do like Nathan Hughes’ pics. Definitely my favourite MTB ‘tog. And he’s from Oxford.

jam-bo

What’s the racing schedule?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

1.00 for the Elite Women
    3.00 for the Elite Men

jam-bo

So about 4.30 for the top 20?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I don’t know the gaps between riders. More interested in what the weather may bring.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

PinkBike says 2.00pm for the men, RedBull TV says three. Is confused… 😕

nickc

14.00 BST and 15.00 CET would be my guess?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Red bull starts mid way through the mens race

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 153 total)

The topic ‘FT William WC DH this weekend’ is closed to new replies.