Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • F'Sakes I've put a jumper on….
  • nickc

It’s supposed to be summer…[sulks]

thepurist

Count youself lucky you’re not swimming in an outdoor pool tonight (not a euphemsim)

Beagleboy

I ordered a new pair of winter boots yesterday.

🙁

spekkie
    Free Member
    maccruiskeen

Leaves are starting to turn brown here!

fifeandy
    Free Member

Think yourself lucky you ever had the jumper off to start with

thecaptain
    Free Member

I’ve been wearing a big fleece winter hoodie for what feels like most of the summer. Though to be fair we have had some genuinely warm days too.

footflaps

Jumper! You were lucky, when I were a lad we had to stuff grass down our string vest when the temperature dropped…

willard

The A/C in our office is broken, so I’m currently wishing I had worn shorts

mikey74
    Free Member

Oh grow a pair. It’s not even cold, despite the fact it’s raining.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

17 degrees today. It also hit 17 during the winter here this year.

Gary_M
    Free Member

As above it’s not cold in the slightest. I rode to work this morning in a short sleeve jersey with arm warmers and the arm warmers won’t be needed on the way home. And I live in the west of scotland.

dantsw13

We’re off to Italy on holiday tomorrow. 2 days in Rome (40C) then a week in Tuscany (36C) 😯

uselesshippy
    Free Member

You know, Britain is known the world over for it’s long, warm and dry summers. People flock from around the world to bask in the beautiful weather on our beaches.
    Or alternatively, may and June were really nice, that was summer.

the-muffin-man

Pah! We were at YNot Festival at the weekend – we went through two lots of ‘waterproofs’ on the Friday alone. Twas pretty grim!

This is how grim Y Not Festival was this weekend

nickc

17 degrees today

Am I supposed to be impressed? content? 😆

It’s the bloody summer, a couple of weeks agao in Switzerland (a country noted for it’s snow) it was 32degs and more like Spain.

Oh grow a pair. It’s not even cold, despite the fact it’s raining.

I have a pair but they’ve retracted back into my body 😆

dumbbot
    Free Member

, ..may and June were really nice, that was summer.

Orly?..I’ll give you we had a couple of dry weeks in May but that seems like a enterity ago, it’s been a shit summer. Certainly in scotland it has been bollocks.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/climate/uk/summaries

The UK overall had provisionally its sixth wettest June in a series since 1910

and for Scotland it was the wettest June in that period

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

As predicted, it’s been a thoroughly depressing wet day off from work, been sat around in PJs and sweatshirt all day so far!

Since the final week or so in June, proper nice days have been few and far between, I’ve noticed my SAD wooly feeling coming on ~6 weeks earlier than it should.

fifeandy
    Free Member

May: Dry with occasional sunny intervals, but cold and mostly cloudy
    June: Perpetual gloom with the odd shower and cold wind in the evenings
    July: See June

P-Jay
    Free Member

I don’t understand, it’s 17c here too, that’s not cold, it’s not warm either – but it’s not jumper weather.

fifeandy
    Free Member

but it’s not jumper weather.

Its put a jumper on – too warm – take jumper off – too cold – on – too warm – off – too cold – on – off weather

wrightyson
    Free Member

Temps don’t bother me as such it’s the **** rain. Causes me problems at work and I can’t be arsed to ride when it’s raining!

Gary_M
    Free Member

Its put a jumper on – too warm – take jumper off – too cold – on – too warm – off – too cold – on – off weather

Does all that taking your jumper on and off thing not make you too hot? 🙂

onandon
    Free Member

33c for me at the mo. Just laying out on by balcony filling in my cycling tan.

BoardinBob

This is the real kicker. The endless grey skies. I don’t care about the temperature, I just need so see some blue sky 😥

CheesybeanZ

18-20 degrees here today, windy rain and sunshine – separately and all at once . Trying to work in people’s gardens with shorts and a waterproof on plus sunglasses .

johndoh
    Free Member

I have noticed that over the last week or so – mainly horse chestnut trees but I assumed it must have been something else causing it??? Last year we had a tree that hadn’t fully shed it’s leaves at the beginning of December!

maccruiskeen

Its the beech trees that are on the turn here.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Anybody else got a cough in August?Come to think of it it might be my Asthma kicking of with all the rain about.Grrrrrrr

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Am I supposed to be impressed? content?

It wasn’t intended, but if you are I’ll take it. 😉

rs
    Free Member

Going back to Scotland for a week shortly, its looking like 15 degrees and raining, FFS! Was it always this bad?

jodafett

Some kids in N.Ireland suffering from hypothermia!

[/url]

mt
    Free Member

F’Sakes I’ve put a jumper on….yer jessy.

RustySpanner

My hayfever’s improved though.
    🙂

CountZero

I have noticed that over the last week or so – mainly horse chestnut trees but I assumed it must have been something else causing it??? Last year we had a tree that hadn’t fully shed it’s leaves at the beginning of December!
    It is, it’s an invasive species of moth, its larvae burrow into the leaves and cause them to turn brown and die early.
    They hibernate in the dead leaf trash under the tree over the winter; if people raked up as much of the dead leaves over winter as they could and burned it the problem could be controlled much better.

CountZero

I took part in the regional heats of the national inshore powerboating championships on the M3 earlier today, didn’t win, but I wasn’t last by some margin.
    I only wish more of the other competitors would put their sodding navigation lights on!

matt_outandabout

I on the other hand spent the day canoeing on Loch Lomond in t-shirt and shorts.

Until 2pm.

When it pished it down.

cchris2lou

South of France here and it is too hot to ride !
    Great for swimming though.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Me too, slept under the duvet last night and thinking about putting the heating on !

NZCol

After being drowned on a ride last night out the heating on and had a curry and beer to console myself that I’ve had 3 weeks of sunny holidays

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘F'Sakes I've put a jumper on….’ is closed to new replies.