Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • FSA Vero Compact Chainset – creaking like a banshee
  • ell_tell
    Free Member

I have this on my commuter and no matter what I do, the left crank arm always develops an annoying creak.

I’m 99.9% certain its a square taper so I presume a standard sq taper crank puller will remove the arm?

Other than giving it a clean (which I have already done) is there anything else to alleviate the creak that always develops?

TIA

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

It’s a powerdrive splined interface. Should come off with a standard sq taper puller. If it’s been worked loose before then that might be the creak. Try degreasing it, and using some bearing seating compound – Loctite 641 or similar. Check the bb and rings are tight too.

joeegg
    Free Member

My Vero is a square taper.Have you made sure the allen bolt is tight ?
    Remove both arms and turn the axle.Smooth or not.Is the bottom bracket tight in the frame ( special tool ).If these look ok rebuild with a bit of grease on the splines/ taper.Check tightness of pedals as well.

ell_tell
    Free Member

Just having a cup of tea before I start tinkering.

One thing I have noticed is the allen bolt on the LH crank arm tightens in the same direction as back peddling, so it does make it tricky to tighten fully.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘FSA Vero Compact Chainset – creaking like a banshee’ is closed to new replies.