Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • FSA orbit mx headset…..
  • dibboid
    Free Member

I’m in need of a headset quick as mine is knackered. I’ve listed a wanted post for a hope or ck as money isn’t coming out of my ears yet so if that fails I need a backup plan. Planet x are knocking em out at £20 instead of £50 so just wondered what the quality of them are like, if they need lots of maintenence or if I’m wasting my money. I’m not so bothered about bling status I just want something faff free but good value at the same time. Thanks in advance and I’ll look forward to the sarcasm sensible replies 😀

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Good headset, my go to choice. You can get them on ebay for less with free postage.

Northwind

They’re really good… Though, you do sometimes have to be a wee bit careful with FSA OEMs as they’re not always the same (there were a load of their expensive models doing the rounds a couple of years ago where the OEM version lacked some of the sealing). But assuming it’s the full retail spec, it’s ace- well sealed, long lasting etc.

Another good one is the Cane Creek S3 or S8- I bought a couple of these last year for about £22, don’t have a single bad word to say about either these or the Orbit tbh. CC bearings easier to find though. The CC is exactly as good as my Hope, even seems to use the same bearings.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    davidtaylforth
    Free Member

As per Northwind, make sure it’s got the extra seals. I brought one of chainreaction a few years ago and it didnt have the extra seals so I sent it back and gave them whatfor.

However, never had a problem with the ones off of ebay.

dibboid
    Free Member

Thanks to you both. I looked at the ones on eBay and I want a green one to match the other stuff on there and therefore need the top cap too. And planet x are doing it complete for £20. I wonder if Brant could shed some light on the seals before I commit to buy?..

pipnet1
    Free Member

I got one from on-one about 2 weeks ago, has all the seals. Came with a top cap/star nut too even though the advert said it didn’t. Mine is black, if that makes any difference.

Quick point, they don’t have split crown races. This can be solved with a junior hacksaw 🙂 it’s a bodge but I’ve got 3 running like that now, the oldest being 3 1/2 years old and all are still fine after much abuse/no maintenance.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘FSA orbit mx headset…..’ is closed to new replies.