Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • FSA K-Force chainset.
  • michaelmcc
    Free Member

Is there a reason its so heavily discounted on CRC? Going by the saying of, “if it sounds to good to be true it probably is”.

Will it snap the first time it hits a rock?

sok

I have an old one on one of my bikes and I haven’t snapped it yet. But then I’m a girl and to date haven’t walloped it into a rock.
    Major disadvantage of the doubles seems to be the FSA only rings. Not too expensive to replace but there’s always the risk they’re discontinue…

michaelmcc
    Free Member

Cheers. Anyone else know much about them? Just not sure if they would have the same durability as say an XTR.

nigelb001
    Free Member

I have several fitted during the last few weeks but have not done much serious biking during the last four weeks. So all I can say at the moment is that they are very light, look beautiful and the wheels go around when I pedal. So not much use there I’m afraid. During the last price drops on these before xmas I got a 27/39 386 Megaexo for £153 and a 29/42 Megaexo for £139. At those prices the cheapest carbon cranks anywhere particularly when many places are still selling them for over £500 (would not have bought them at that price!). My bikes don’t get mega punishing use so should last me fine. Lovely smooth ceramic bearing bottom brackets and smooth as butter changes using XT derailleurs and shifters. There are probably a few people who would say they fall apart when you look at them but I’m happy!

michaelmcc
    Free Member

Bump

bol

I think they’re just new old stock. Can’t go wrong at that price with a warrantee, but I seem to recall that the pedal threads came loose on some of them with a lot of use.

iain1775
    Free Member

Been cheap in various places for over a year, On One had some stock for a while
    I think it’s just mass bought cheap clearance overstock
    Can’t speak for their carbon cranks but had a pair of carbon FSA bars and they where great, survived a few crashes and now on their 3rd different bike
    I’ve had alloy FSA cranks and again been fine, rings seem to last as well if not better than others

neiloxford
    Free Member

I got a triple from them for £150 at the last sale, very good value at that price, no complaints here, super smooth bearings.

michaelmcc
    Free Member

but I seem to recall that the pedal threads came loose on some of them with a lot of use.

This is what worries me. I read that about them on a different website too.

nigelb001
    Free Member

The early ones were weak at the pedal mount especially if pedals were fitted without the pedal washers. They were later improved. There are some people who are capable of breaking anything and let’s face it K-Force Light stuff are lightweight XC/trail orientated components and shouldn’t really be used for jumping off cliffs.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘FSA K-Force chainset.’ is closed to new replies.