• This topic has 6 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by MS.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • FSA BB386 MegaEvo problem
  • MS
    Free Member

I have an FSA MegaEvo 386 crankset. Trying to fit it to a standars 68mm shell on my road bike. When I fit it the drive side looks fine but the non drive side does not seem aligned. The arm is just a matter of mm from touching the frame when the cranks are turned and the wave washer is barely compressed.

Is there meant to be a spacer in the non driveside cup?? All the things I have read indicate no…

HELP!!!

Rorschach
    Free Member

Is that not an mtb chainset?In which case you’ll need to use spacers.

MS
    Free Member

No its a road chainset. Got it on my new road bike but decided to fit a proper BB30 one on that instead.

Now fitting this to my winter bike. Bought the cups and had this issue…

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Is there a difference in the widths between road and mtb megaexo bb’s?

Think there is between Shimano mtb and road

MS
    Free Member

It’s a MegaEVO though. It has a 30mm spindle compared to the normal 24. On the FSA website it says you don’t need spacers.

I have put on a couple of the really thin plastic spacers you get with a sram BB and it seems tight and the clearence is a little better. Will see what it is like when I build the rest of the bike. Although I think heel clearence on the frame may be an issue.

Dibbs
    Free Member

Have you looked at the FSA website?
    Here:- http://www.fullspeedahead.com/techdoc/18/ROAD-CRANKSETS-

MS
    Free Member

Yip, FSA website says no spacers and even watched a video of how to fit it. Seems I am doing everything correct but just seems odd with the clearence.

Have emailed FSA to ask as well, hopefully they reply.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘FSA BB386 MegaEvo problem’ is closed to new replies.