Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • FSA BB360 EVO Chainset not fitting a BB30 bottom bracket
  • woody74

Right I have a FSA BB360 EVO chainset that I am trying to fit to a BB30 bottom bracket. The chainset clearly says that it is BB30 compatible (has it printed on the axle) so why can I not get the bloody thing to fit. What am I missing? Any help much appreciated.

woody74

Sorry I should say the axle just wont go through the bearings.

m0rk
    Free Member

Even with a gentle rubber malleting? Should be a tolerance fit from memory

Dibbs
    Free Member

Should be a tolerance fit from memory

Sounds right to me, it needs to be dead square and clean + a smear of grease will help it slide through.

sweaman2
    Free Member

As above… mine needed substantial “persuasion” which wasn’t ideal especially as it had a P2M power meter attached to it. Grease + wooden mallet might help.

I ended up taking mine to an LBS as the additional complication of not wanting to smack a power meter too hard meant I decided I’d rather it wasn’t entirely my problem.

globalti
    Free Member

They have to be a snug fit or the axle frets inside the inner bearing races. In fact if you can, smear some Bearing Fit compound on the inside of the LH bearing and the outside of the axle on the drive side, so that it stands the best chance of not being wiped off as you push the axle through. All the FSA BB30s I’ve ever encountered have fretted and creaked and only Bearing Fit compound prevents that.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘FSA BB360 EVO Chainset not fitting a BB30 bottom bracket’ is closed to new replies.