Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • FSA Afterburner Compact 386 Megaexo cranks??
  • bigdonx
    Free Member

Anyone tried these?

What do you think?

I am assuming that as they are “Compact” both rings can be used (comfortably) over the full cassette??

Cheers,
    bigdonx.

bigdonx
    Free Member

What? No one??

mtbfix

I guess not. I like the aesthetic of them but those 3 bolt rings struck me as being too much of a pain to get spares for in the future.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mtbtomo
    Free Member

I’m using the Comet 386 with 27/39 rings and use both rings across the full range of a 9spd cassette. I went for it to increase ground clearance and get a larger inner ring to spread the wear across chain rings.

Think I find that I’m shifting more at the front and also back, cos a standard 32t middle ring used to get heavy use on my standard 22-32-42 cranks and a 32-11 cassette. Feels like I’m using more of the cassette which is what I intended…..but more gears shifs are a bit annoying.

Am debating 1×9 or 1×10.

bigdonx
    Free Member

mtbfix – the optiions for rings issue puts me off a bit too

mtbtomo – I was 1×9 for a year and a half and got on pretty good (32 ring / 11-34 cassette). I put the big ring back on (44) for an event I was doing for more top speed & gear options and realised how much I missed it. Been using 32/44 on the front now for a year, never bothered with the granny again and don’t miss it.

But I’d like to be able to use the big ring over the full cassette range. Can’t really justify 10speed, so was thinking about these FSA jobbies.

ziggy
    Free Member

Reasonable cranks if you can get them cheapish below RRP.

As above the chainrings are an odd size.

Personally I couldn’t use any as my OCD wouldn’t alllow me to use uneven tooth numbers.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘FSA Afterburner Compact 386 Megaexo cranks??’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts