Option 1: Whole bike, £1500, collection only, West Sussex
Option 2: Frame, fork, hubs, axles, headset, BB, £950
Features include a full carbon frame and 51mm offset fork, direct mount front derailleur, front and rear DT Swiss through axles. Also worth noting is the tapered head tube, internal cable routing and compatibility with up to 5in wide tyres or even 29+ rims and rubber. Full build weighs 27lbs without pedals. This is a light and stiff fat tyre bike, not just for beaches and snow...it's great fun on normal trails too!
More details and geometry can be found on the Salsa website: http://salsacycles.com/bikes/2014_beargrease_xx1
- Headset: Cane Creek 40 Carbon
- Stem: Thomson 70mm
- Handlebar: Bontrager Race X Lite carbon 720mm
- Seatpost: Thomson
- Saddle: SDG Bel-Air Ti
- Brakes: Shimano Deore 610 160/180mm rotors
- Shifter: Shimano XT 780
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano XT 785
- Cranks: Surly Mr Whirly
- Bottom Bracket: Race Face
- Chainring: Race Face Narrow/Wide 32t
- Cassette: Shimano HG81 11-36
- Chain: Sram PC 1051
- Hubs: Salsa
- Spokes: DT Swiss Competition
- Rims: Surly Marge Lite
- Tyres: 45NRTH Husker Du/Dillinger 4.0 120tpi
Condition: This is a 2014 model and was built up from a frameset a couple of months back. It has done less than 120 miles so except for some crank rub there's barely a scratch let alone anything worn out. Parts were new for the build.
The frameset alone retails for £1600 and the cheapest whole bike is £2800, sorry but no lower offers or swaps will be considered. These are also fairly hard to get a hold of right now.