1. Art of Wheelbuilding by Gerd Schraner who’s built road wheels for TDF and MTB Champions. Wheel building machines, types of spokes, failure reasons, tools, hubs, building guides, spoke patterns, soldering & corking. Decent guide, lots of name dropping.
Like new £7 posted.
2. Chris Hoy: The Autobiography by Chris Hoy. Hardback, from BMX bandit days to the Olympics. Reads a bit like a diary, don’t usually finish bios, never watched track cycling and tell the truth had never heard of him, really. But read this right through and am now really looking forward to the racing in 2012.
Excellent cond, £8 posted, will also throw in Breaking the Chain – Drugs and cycling the true story.
3. The Complete Book of Long Distance Cycling: Build the Strength, Skills and Confidence to Ride as Far as You Want by Edmund R. Burke and Ed Pavelka. Some very basics at the start but moves on to some really good stuff, goal setting, nutrition, training plans, everything. Bit old school but makes up for it with some cool Race Across America (RAAM) anecdotes.
Thumbed but good read, £8 posted
4. Beyond Hamsterley – 23 portable Route guides with maps between Richmond and Hexam. See http://www.beyond-hamsterley.co.uk/
£9 posted, like new, will also throw in Mountain Bike Guide County Durham – Derek Purdy.
5. The Cyclist’s Training Bible, Third Edition – Joe Friel
Takes training to the highest level, sports science research like targeting weaknesses, using lactate threshold, pulse rate. Sample plans designed around race calendars, stuff like that. Bit geek for me.
Good cond, £8 posted.
6. Smart Cycling: Successful Training and Racing for Riders of All Levels. If you’re looking for a training plan, this is the one. Lots of fairly technical stuff but easy to read. Aimed at first time racers also includes gym work, race etiquette tactics stuff like that.
Good cond, £8 posted.
7. Bicycling Medicine – Arnie Barker MD
Optimum cadence, seat height, V02 Max, measuring fat etc. HR Training, Thresholds, loadsa medical conditions to look-up muscle soreness, neck, knees, over training, osteoporosis etc etc.
OK Cond £6 posted.
8. Mountain Bike Fitness Training – MTB specific stretching, strength training, endurance, skills, bit on racing, training week. Pics starting to look a little dated but doesn’t read like it.
Good cond, £6 posted
Hope Seat Clamp 31.8 Black, little bit of wear on inside of lever – £9
Hope Seat Clamp 30.0 Black, like new – £12
Payal is good, email in profile if interested.