• This topic has 12 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by mrjmt.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Frying pans for induction hob
  • granny_ring

With the old gas hob we used Tefal as they lasted longer than some of the ‘posh’ makes but they’re not compatible for the induction hob.
    I see that they make some that are but any others out there that don’t cost the earth and last well?
    Ta

plumslikerocks
    Free Member

Any pan that a magnet will stick to will work. Our Tefal does…

ultracrepidarian
    Free Member

DeBuyer carbon steel in various sizes. Cheap and very non-stick once seasoned.
    Also use a Scanpan stainless clad saute pan.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Don’t think I’ve used a frying pan in 30 years.

cranberry
    Free Member

Le Creuset- buy good, buy once.

Have a look in T Maxx for bargains.

jambalaya
    Free Member

We use Tefal Ingenio as they stack in a drawer. Le Cruset also work well. Re the above we find a frying paln which is fairly deep and has a glass lid is useful.

tonyplym
    Free Member

Very impressed so far with Prestige Stone Quartz fry pan – very non-stick, and super easy to clean with just a bit of paper towel.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Re the above we find a frying paln which is fairly deep and has a glass lid is useful

Ain’t that a saute or chefs pan (I get them mixed up), I’ve got one of them.

sparkyspice
    Free Member

+1 for buy Good Stuff, buy once.
    John Lewis do decent ones.
    Ikea ones are OK… An IKEA large fying pan is our most used induction item.
    We also have a Le Creuset set of pans which are ace and I’d highly recommend.

Sounds daft but the better ones do induce more heat. i.e. if you heat two similar amounts of water, one in a cheap pan and one in a better quality pan, the cheap one will need to be on a higher setting to maintain a simmer, rolling boil etc. All pans are not the same
    I guess over the 10 years + that you’ll have these items you’ll spend the difference in electricity? That’s how I’d justify it to the wife!

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Often a good idea to avoid heavy pans to reduce the chances of a clumsy drop cracking the hob.

And a frying pan with a lid is just a frying pan with a lid…whether or not the company calls it a saute pan!

thetallpaul
    Free Member

Get thee to TKMaxx and pick up a bargain.
    Can recommend the induction specific Stella stainless steel range of pans.

Our favourite frying pan at the mo is an Aldi cast iron one with ceramic coating.

If you are feeling flush go for a Woll saute pan + lid. Handles are detachable, so the pan can go into the oven too. Still haven’t got around to replacing ours after we moved house and ended up on induction. One job for the new year.

As above, go for a quality saute pan (which has higher sides than a frying pan). Much more versatile.

granny_ring

Some good pointers there ta.
    The saucepans work fine on the hob it’s just the frying pan and wok that don’t.

mrjmt
    Free Member

got a decent anodized Stellar one from tk maxx. It is a saute pan though…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Frying pans for induction hob’ is closed to new replies.