Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Frustrating voicemail problem…
  • jambourgie
    Free Member

So, some guy rings me about some business and leaves a message on my voicemail as I was working at the time. His message starts with “Hi, call me back, you’ll have my number on your phone”. Maddeningly though – no, I haven’t got his number on my phone because he withheld his number! 😀

Incredibly frustrating as there could’ve been some money in it. Don’t suppose I can get his number short of enlisting GCHQ, but he did at least leave his name. Any ideas about finding this eedjit?

Cougar

Not going to happen. Hope he rings back.

The ones that chaff my arse are the ones who leave a two minute long rambling message, then right at the end go “call me back, my number is” and rattle off eleven digits at Mach 1, so it takes you quarter of an hour to actually get the number written down. I make a point these days of going, “hi, my name is Alan and my number is…” at the -start- of the call, then repeat it at the end.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

If it’s important he’ll ring back.

jambourgie
    Free Member

The ones that chaff my arse are the ones who leave a two minute long rambling message, then right at the end go “call me back, my number is” and rattle off eleven digits at Mach 1

I know that one. Causing you to have to replay the message, listen to the entire rambling monologue and try and decipher two or three digits before the message ends and you have to go through the entire tedious process again to try and pick out a couple more…

km79
    Free Member

It probably wont if he has withheld his number but your voicemail may allow returning the phone call from within the voicemail options. Eg press 1 to delete, press 2 to replay, press 3 to call back etc etc.

jambourgie
    Free Member

km79: Thanks. Didn’t work though. 😐

bikebouy
    Free Member

I just love those that mumble, or those that are talking whilst it’s like .. really…. chuffing ….. WINDY.. and you just can’t hear anything other than the wind, a mumble and fingers sliding over the darn mic.

One of my old PM’s had an annoying habit of eating whilst talking on the phone, he had a thick Welsh accent too and for the life of me I really didn’t want to hear “munch, crunch, targets missed, burp, slurp, no no agreed PTG, crunch, trying to, slurp, but, sign off for stage… crunch, munch, chew”
    I asked him many times to just speak clearly, bless him he never bloody did.

CountZero

probably wont if he has withheld his number but your voicemail may allow returning the phone call from within the voicemail options. Eg press 1 to delete, press 2 to replay, press 3 to call back etc etc

Pretty sure that cannot work as the system has no number to dial back to, as it’s been withheld.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Frustrating voicemail problem…’ is closed to new replies.