Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Frustrating bike build!
  • inbred853

Sorry for the winge, it’ll make me feel better though.
    So ordered some Spyre brakes and Mavic wheels for my new Cotic Escapade build and was looking forward to getting it completed this weekend……..
    1. Sorry we will only deliver to the address registered with your bank, even though they asked for a delivery address, can’t leave with neighbour blah blah….
    2. The wheels that you ordered can’t now be delivered until 26 May due to supplier problems.
    First world problem I know but still a bit peeved…..aaaaaaagh.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Legitimate winge.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Get some different wheels.. What’s the wheel budget?

inbred853

I might be able to stretch to £400, so looking at Moonglu for a Hope Hub, Stans/Pacenti rim combination, any other suggestions welcome. Slightly less peeved now!

cloudnine
    Free Member

Wont go too far wrong with kinesis cx wheelset (1550g) £245 (and 3% cashback on TCB)
    http://www.merlincycles.com/kinesis-crosslight-cx-disc-wheels-68254.html

inbred853

Cheers cloudnine, still fancy the Moonglu combo though, more to do with the adaptability of the hubs as I’m a bit of a serial frame swapper and with all these different fork and axle standards being thrown around its seems like a good investment.

brooess
    Free Member

Hope do 700c wheelsets built with Mavic rims – I have some QR ones from Merlin on my winter road bike. Very nice

cp

Iron cross rims with convertible hubs.. 175 quid with code wheels20 till the end of April

http://www.superstarcomponents.com/en/stans-iron-cross-cx-disc-switch-hubs-edition.htm

cp
    inbred853

Cheers all, 11 speed so the SC wheels are a no, might have a look around the merlin site.

rankbadjin
    Free Member

Inbred853, if you still need spyres I have an as new set I’m about to advertise. Bought them, done 25 miles then went and bought another bike with spyres fitted! Arse! Email in profile.
    Cheers
    Steven

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Frustrating bike build!’ is closed to new replies.