Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Frustrated MTB
  • Tony.w
    Free Member

Got back into cycling about 4 years ago after the break for wife’s,kids & mortgage anyway ramped up from basic Giant to On One and Ellsworth tackling all the steeps downs drop offs & jumps. Since Xmas just gone I feel I am going no where getting no better and finding that I am falling off over stupid things even on a tarmac path leading into the woods 200yds from taking the bike off the car on a bend WTF, today thought I would come down the path from the hill a different way to the normal path and all’s well till I need to lift the front end over a unexpected 6″ branch whilst descending well how do you do that when your arse is over the back wheel. Yep I cam off again. I feel that every time I do something I end up coming off. Just a passing phase or should I take a break or maybe do a course??? Whats yer thoughts

Trekster

Live with it

RustyMac

my vote is a skills course. I felt i had reached a limit in my skill level, couldn’t get my head arround hitting the jumps in the fun park bit of my local trails, previously had managed to clear some of the table tops then 3 stacks in a month over the same jumps and no matter how hard i tried i just couldn’t do it. Went to a skills course and was cleaning jumps twice the size.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    emma82
    Free Member

You’ve just had a few bad rides, chillax, if yer not dead it ain’t killed ya so stop worrying about it. And learn to ride a bike, it helps 😆

Tony.w
    Free Member

Emma82 am thinking I am a little to chilled and not weighing it all up and ploughing in

Rusty mac now that I like

Cheers guys

xherbivorex
    Free Member

don’t worry about it, just relax and try to enjoy your riding more.
    or, quit.
    if you aren’t enjoying riding your bike, then really, what’s the point?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

You’ve gone through a deconstruction phase and you’re on a learning curve. The only way is up!

Garry_Lager

The circle of MTB life:

Unconcious incompetence
    Concious incompetence
    Concious competence
    Unconcious competence

Alternatively, fk all that and just hit the trails brah 🙂

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Probably just thinking about it too much, got something on your mind?

I’m off out tomorrow for my first proper ride since October. I suspect I’ll have a few sketchy moments myself!

But I’ll be wanting more by the end of it!

Let the shackles off chap!

lucien

Try riding somewhere else for a change of scenery, or ride with someone else for a sense of perspective / different lines. You can both learn from each other.

Thumbs up for a skills course as well…..but going on a course and coming back to the same environment may not give you much

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Frustrated MTB’ is closed to new replies.