Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 85 total)
  • Frozen the kids film.
  • hora
    Free Member

I quite like it. Its a musical…am I gay?!!

aa
    Free Member

Or a child.

My 5 yr old loves it.

I must admit the reindeer and Olaf are pretty cool.

marcus7
    Free Member

It’s not that bad a film for the genre and I don’t mind my kids singing “let it go” all the time!!

thegreatape
    Free Member

Bit crude IMO

[video]http://youtu.be/TXGNuJ6wIes[/video]

anagallis_arvensis

My Mrs compares Sing a long a Frozen. Embrace your inner camp and go along!! http://www.singalonga.net/frozen/

cloudnine
    Free Member

Are you a bit of a fixer-upper?

TheDTs
    Free Member

I like warm hugs.

Harry_the_Spider

Tangled is better.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbVlGESh9Mc[/video]

ads678

I’ve said before and I haven’t changed my mind.

I HATE Olaf. The film just did not need him. Very Jaja binks(sp)!

Harry_the_Spider

…and Gaston’s song is ace from Beauty and the Beast.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuJTqmpBnI0[/video]

waihiboy
    Free Member

no, it’s amazing, will never forget my 4 year old daughter sat on her mums lap transfixed for the whole film.

saw it again a few weeks ago, only about 3 families there, all the kids were dancing at the front, i was asleep this time though

have to agree with that

Sui
    Free Member

Frozen has and is costing me a small fortune, do you know how much that bloody blue dress is….. and bags and bottles and, and…..

rob2
    Free Member

It’s a great film.

Can’t decide if I like Elsa or Ana the best 😉

The bit at the end when everything gets ‘frozen’ is excellent I think.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

I’ve said before and I haven’t changed my mind.

Twaddle

“Winter’s a good time to stay in and cuddle,
    But put me in summer and I’ll be a….. happy snowman!

Rrr Raht da daht dah dah dah dah dah dah dah dah doo

When I finally do what frozen things do in (big finish) SUMMMER “

It can’t not put a smile on the face 😀

MoreCashThanDash

Is it tough getting a dress in your size Sui?

Never watched it, kids saw it at comes and didn’t want it on DVD.

I can quote both Despicable Me films word for word though.

onandon
    Free Member

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=78g0SyQjU1s[/video]

A far better version

loddrik
    Free Member

My 4yr old is totally obsessed by Frozen. She’s seen it 4 times at the cinema. The wife queued up at the Disney store in Liverpool on Sunday morning to be sure of getting her an Elsa dress and accessories for Christmas. They’d been waiting for a delivery for weeks. Each customer was restricted two two items each. The queue was up over 100 by the time she’d was leaving.

Crazy.

ads678

Ro5ey – it’s a better song than ‘love is an open door’ but I still can’t stand the Friken snowman!

And another thing…..the kids all love Elsa, but Anna is the hero!! Must be cost she’s blonde…..and has powers….

ivorhogseye
    Free Member

Thanks for the link anagallis. I’ve just booked a couple of tickets. Olaf is great, though my favourite is Sven. Oh dear. I do have a kiddie, honest.

waihiboy
    Free Member

never mind the dress!

had to endure NEXT home store the other week, in the childs bedroom section they had ‘Disney Frozen Wallpaper Mural’ £55!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes £55!!!

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0v7rFSUrGE[/video]

molgrips
    Free Member

I absolutely hate it. It’s an absolute dog’s breakfast.

Now I know you’ll say ‘oh it’s only a kids’ film’ but that’s not an excuse for being shit. There are loads of brilliant kids films, half our DVD shelf was kids films before we even had kids. There are so many properly wonderful classic films that are for kids. This however is not one of them.

Firstly, the premise is stupid. Why the hell does no-one explain to her why her sister is ignoring her? And why is she just locked in a room? What the hell? You wouldn’t just let that slide without any kind of attempt to help. Is it supposed to be a metaphor for her older sister growing away from her? Cos if it is, it’s well hidden. There’s no attempt at character development in the situation.

And that **** snowman – Jesus. “Oh wait, we’ve got no dorky comic relief character. Let’s just stick one in. The film’s beautifully anamorphically drawn, but we’ll toss a stupid meaningless cartoon snowman in there for laughs” FFS

The characters are worthless, the whole film is rambling and thoroughly pointless. Songs are ok but that’s about it.

If you want to see how it should be done, watch Brave.

molgrips
    Free Member

Best version of the song:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtkGluLhnGU[/video]

Cougar

Never seen it but I’d heard it was supposed to be good. I was going to watch it tonight on the back of this thread, but after Molgrips’ ringing endorsement I’m not sure. Will I die?

Cougar

As for “am I gay?” there’s nothing inherently left-footed about musicals. Case in point, see Avenue Q.

loddrik
    Free Member

I absolutely hate it. It’s an absolute dog’s breakfast.

Now I know you’ll say ‘oh it’s only a kids’ film’ but that’s not an excuse for being shit. There are loads of brilliant kids films, half our DVD shelf was kids films before we even had kids. There are so many properly wonderful classic films that are for kids. This however is not one of them.

Firstly, the premise is stupid. Why the hell does no-one explain to her why her sister is ignoring her? And why is she just locked in a room? What the hell? You wouldn’t just let that slide without any kind of attempt to help. Is it supposed to be a metaphor for her older sister growing away from her? Cos if it is, it’s well hidden. There’s no attempt at character development in the situation.

And that **** snowman – Jesus. “Oh wait, we’ve got no dorky comic relief character. Let’s just stick one in. The film’s beautifully anamorphically drawn, but we’ll toss a stupid meaningless cartoon snowman in there for laughs” FFS

The characters are worthless, the whole film is rambling and thoroughly pointless. Songs are ok but that’s about it.

If you want to see how it should be done, watch Brave.

Let’s be honest you’re not really the target audience though. And Brave is shite, or so my wife and daughters tell me.

I personally prefer Tangled too, but it isn’t as magical for kids as Frozen is, and the box office bears that out.

My favorite of the lot is Princess and the Frog.

Cougar

Brave is shite

Hang on, let me find the ‘ban’ button.

molgrips
    Free Member

Let’s be honest you’re not really the target audience though.

So it’s ok to make vacuous crap because it’s “just for kids”. Ok. Just don’t tell Pixar, please.

molgrips
    Free Member

Oh and I like Tangled.

Kbrembo
    Free Member

“Let it go” was my saviour in the Highland Trail

Honest!

Northwind

It’s alright, but it’s no Lilo and Stitch

pedlad

Best bit about frozen was the trailer scene where the snowman and reindeer chase a carrot across An icy lake……not actually in the film and far more entertaining

GregMay
    Free Member

Utter crap. Watched it once, that was more than enough.

That snowman needs to be shown the hot end of a hairdrier.

loddrik
    Free Member

Just as well as my 4yr old doesn’t read this forum or she’d be puttin’ a fatwa on all o’ yo’ asses….

funkrodent

I’m with Molgrips on this. It’s an enjoyable enough couple of hours I guess, but its almost like a fairystory made by committee. The story is weak at best, with more holes than a room full of swiss cheese and they seem to have shoe-horned characters in to fit a quota of zaniness. Hence the talking rocks. And that bloody snowman who looks like he was drawn by a completely different animator for a completely different film. And the plot twist with the prince? Amateurish, where were the cleverly hidden hints, or the signs of his struggle with the dark side? All in all far short of what Disney used to do and not even close to Pixar’s output.

The kids loved it though..

Oh and a +1 for Gaston’s song in Beauty and the Beast. Great lyrics, great animation. Genuinely funny!

molgrips
    Free Member

Lilo and Stitch

Good film. What I like most about it is that there are no baddies in it. It’s not good vs evil; the jeopardy is caused by conflicting interests, moral dilemmas and not knowing the whole story. The resolution is when everyone learns what’s going on. The message is therefore to try and understand others.

Also, it has different stories in it for different viewers. Each age group can empathise with different characters.

emsz
    Free Member

lion king in the snow

The Disney princess thing is getting a bit tiresome TBH. How to train a dragon is cuter, Malevolent was more interesting, despicable me has the minions, and therefore wins everytime

hahahhaha Papoi

loddrik
    Free Member

The Disney princess thing is getting a bit tiresome TBH

Nah. Utter bollox. My 4yr old is so caught up in it and it means so much to her. Like her older sister before her. And millions before them. And tens of millions in the future. They don’t need to be films with a knowing wink and an eye on the grown ups in the way Pixar are. They are aimed squarely at young girls, and played with a straight bat. And I’m glad they are. As its magical for them. And I can see it first hand.

As soon as my 4yr old gets in from school, she is straight upstairs to put on one of her princess dresses. She loves them.

boxelder

Best version of the song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtkGluLhnGU

God I hope this is 100% spoof – why would they bother……….and so badly…..

My girls love the film, but being 40 something I’ve never seen the whole of it. Son and I have a grin about “Let it go” being a song about pi55ing in the woods.

H1ghland3r
    Free Member

Don’t know what it says about me and mine but Frozen didn’t make much impression in our house but we are all getting a kick out of Bedknobs and Broomsticks and Mary Poppins at the moment.. The 70’s Disney Robin Hood with Peter Ustinov as Prince John the lion is also a household favourite.. hilarity always ensues when he sucks his thumb and asks for his mummy..!! 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘Frozen the kids film.’ is closed to new replies.