Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Frozen ground = new routes.
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Visited some very old trails last night. Trails that are best avoided at most times, but the hard frost turned what is usually quagmire into pleasant riding conditions.
    We usually pass through what was once a popular riding spot to head for Woburn, but last night we spent the whole time revisiting old tracks.
    Just saying like.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Certainly does open up a few options,,though here now it’s 7C so it’ll all be mud again..

Tom83

Went for a ride yesterday, 90% was frozen leaving some very fast riding conditions. Got to watch out for previous bike ruts though, in case they are frozen. Lead to some very interesting moments the first time we encountered some, having your direction hijacked!

tomaso
    Free Member

It was definately faster accross the soft bits around Torver and Coniston last night but my optimisitic lunge across a frozen bog somewhere above the mines sent me over the bars and allowed me to dip one side of me in rank muddy water :mrgreen:

darrell
    Free Member

the 75cm of snow we had here yesterday makes it all a bit difficult

tracknicko
    Free Member

did exactly this. 25 miles of old school stuff. was really speedy and fast rolling. great ride.

T1000
    Free Member

tis one of my favourite times of year opens up loads of trails in the Brecon beacons…… (some are only usuable after a long dry summer… what ever that is….?)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Frozen ground = new routes.’ is closed to new replies.