Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Froome – pissed off – literally!
  • tiggs121
    Free Member

Apparently a spectator threw a cup of urine in the face of Chris Froome today – unbelievable!

Seems that he is just not a popular rider!

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Whaaaaat? Thats ridiculous. Save that for the blokes we know are cheating.

Porte got punched the other day too. FFS France, sort your spectators out.

beej

It’s all been whipped up by the French ex-dopers who now are employed by their media.

Stay classy France!

TheDoctor
    Free Member

Porte got punched the other day too. FFS France, sort your spectators out.

But despite riders constantly commenting on rider safety with encroaching crowds Porte took 2 days to tell anyone. It’s clearly a bid for support and sympathy, he’s lying and it never happened!

It’s a pity that’s spectator throwing stuff over froome couldn’t do the decent thing and push him off as well!

convert

It’s a pity that’s spectator throwing stuff over froome couldn’t do the decent thing and push him off as well!

I’m no Froome fan but that is the comment of a bellend.

CountZero

Cock! 🙄

beej

Todger! 🙄

TheDoctor
    Free Member

Blimey a lot of tetchy people here this evening 😛

convert

Blimey a lot of tetchy people here this evening

Nope – you just made a real stupid comment. Can’t even call it an attempt at humour unless you have a truly crap sense of humour.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Why would you watch Le Tour when you could be riding and having the time of your life with a loverly frame?

Or riding a bike?

wanmankylung
    Free Member

I would call The Doctor a fanny but they have neither the depth nor the charm.

aracer
    Free Member

andy8442
    Free Member

[quoteIt’s a pity that’s spectator throwing stuff over froome couldn’t do the decent thing and push him off as well![/quote]

Gentlemens sausage.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

All ganging up on one guy.

I hope they lock up that cup of pee guy.

martinhutch

Are we sure it wasn’t Kronenbourg?

jambalaya
    Free Member

It’s all been whipped up by the French ex-dopers who now are employed by their media.

What @beej says, some parts of the French media are calling Sky cheats. All far distant from Froome’s Ventoux win in 2013 when the sports paper heralded his clean riding

Sandwich

And that’s why Froome sprinted for the line today. I did wonder as its usual to let the chap who made the running uphill to take the place on the line.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Pissed on, rather than pissed off, no?

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

It isn’t new though it happened to Cav about 2 years ago as well! Lots of weird wack people out there but the journo’s aren’t helping with the situation. I think Porte did tell people and he tweeted part of it that night but it’s what the journo’s pick up and want to discuss a lot of the time.

piemonster

Are we sure it wasn’t Kronenbourg?

Impossible to tell. The perfect crime really.

project
    Free Member

Mark Cavendish also had urine threown over him in another race, some sick pathetic people out there, trying to destroy what is a great free spectator sport.

hora
    Free Member

Sure it wasnt Stella? Ive mistaken that stuff for piss bfore. They have to super chill it to hide the flavour.

Couldnt Froome have used his mega-watts power to outrun the stream of pee ..? 😀

ocrider

One in particular : Jaja

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Le médecin est un bouton.

matt_outandabout

Horrid actions, I hope the police find said individual

@thedoctor – really out of order, troll.

tiggs121
    Free Member

The doctor is a knob??

slowoldman

The doctor is a knob??

Why the question marks?

Apparently Luke Rowe has been spat at too.

dantsw13

If I were Team Sky I’d boycott the tour next year until they get their house in order.

globalti
    Free Member

I was the victim, with dozens of others, of a drawing pin minefield in the Cape Argus. The throwers were running up and down the roadside with huge bunches of inner tubes around their shoulders, probaby for use as catapaults or something.

badnewz
    Free Member

Generally I think the crowds really add to the atmosphere and I think it’s great the event isn’t over policed and people can get really close to the rider.
    I think Froome will keep his cool, and although Porte looks like he’s on his last legs for the mountains, Geraint Thomas is stepping up to the plate.
    Unlike Armstrong, the French media are not insinuating Froome is a cheat, I think it’s more the fact they are fed up with Sky’s dominance and are aching for a French rider like Bardet to win next year.

tiggs121
    Free Member

@slowoldman I was questioning the translation.

Bouton I thought meant button in French.

Thedoctor is a troll – don’t know how to say that in French?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Thedoctor is a troll – don’t know how to say that in French?

Foux du fafa.

H1ghland3r
    Free Member

Irrespective of what you think of Froome or Sky I do think it smacks of real double standards that they were both hauled over the coals in 2013 for the same stuff as they are getting grilled about this year and yet an equally dominant performance by Astana (of all teams!) and Nibali last year didn’t draw anything like this level of scrutiny.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

yet an equally dominant performance by Astana (of all teams!) and Nibali last year didn’t draw anything like this level of scrutiny.

Iz it coz Sky is perfidious Anglo-Saxons?

Yep. It is.

France still lauds the likes of Virenque and Jalabert. Unrepentant, defiant cheats. At least Millar had the decency to hold his hands up and properly admit his guilt.

Bertie’s a doper. Nibbles may or may not be, but riding for Astana can hardly help do anything other than cloud the judgement. Yet, as you say, they were given pretty much free rein by the French press. Because neither of them is Anglo-Saxon.

MSP

It wasn’t a comparable dominant performance last year, he was just lucky as **** that Froome and Contador crashed out, and there was plenty of doping talk last year as well.

mikey74
    Free Member

If I were Team Sky I’d boycott the tour next year until they get their house in order.

What? And give the French crowd exactly what they want? No way! Sky should continue to push harder than ever.

hatter

I also think that’s it’s rich that Froome gets an unending grilling compared to the chunkier sprinter types who were happily zipping up mountains in the mid-90’s to be greeted by nothing but ‘chapeau’.

Trouble is that it’s almost impossible to prove that you’re 100% clean just as it’s impossible to prove 100% for certain that god doesn’t exist. Froome’s practically doing everything he can but largely thanks to Mr Armstrong there are people who just assume that because he’s winning he must be on it and nothing will comvince them otherwise.

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

hora – you obviously have not tried desperados so called beverage, smells like weed, tastes like rotten asparagus urine.

H1ghland3r
    Free Member

It wasn’t a comparable dominant performance last year, he was just lucky as **** that Froome and Contador crashed out, and there was plenty of doping talk last year as well.

I don’t really agree with this, it’s been rolled out as an explanation before but doesn’t really track for me. Quintana wasn’t there last year, so fair enough there was less of a quality field, but how does the crashing out of Froome and Contador last year diminish the dominance of Nibali’s performance any more than the lacklustre Nibali this year along with a clearly below his best Contador.? At this point in the race I can’t see how Contador has affected the race anymore than his absence did last year.? Similarly for last year having Froome drop out isn’t really that different to how the others approach the race this year with a very diminished Nibali.!?
    Speaking of Nibali, you mention that there was plenty of doping talk at last year’s Tour.? Maybe the UK media just didn’t show it but I didn’t see much evidence of it other than a few half-hearted questions at press conference’s and how is it that Nibali and Astana aren’t being grilled about the dramatic difference in performance between this year and last.? I mean Nibali as good as said he wasn’t the same rider and the press just let that go.? I can’t imagine Froome getting the same lee-way.? Isn’t it all the ‘doping expert’ desk jockey’s that always tout huge shifts in performance as a prime indicator.!?

Just to be clear I have no reason to believe that Nibbles is dirty, I choose to believe that the actions of his team don’t necessarily reflect on the star rider that was drafted in off the back of good performances (doesn’t do him any favours though!). I’m simply using him as an example of what seems to be clearly different treatment by the media.

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Froome – pissed off – literally!’ is closed to new replies.