• This topic has 19 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by lunge.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • froome not keen on 2015 tdf
  • Klunk
    Free Member
    mikewsmith
    Free Member

I wouldn’t fancy it either…

mrblobby
    Free Member

If he thinks he’s got a better chance of winning the Giro then can’t blame him. Years to come when people look back at his palmares it’s going to be GT wins he’s judged on.

scruff9252

He’s not exactly shone this year though.

binners

Sounds like an outbreak of sanity to me. If someone told me they really fancied riding 2,500 miles in a few weeks up some absolutely mahoosive mountains, I’d have them sectioned!

njee20
    Free Member

He’s not exactly shone this year though.

Focused on the Tour but suffered crashes (did say bad luck, but if he looked up more often he may not fall of so readily), second in the Vuelta. Not too bad!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Media excersize ? Perhaps he fancies more TT’s now that Wiggins has stepped aside 😉

dragon
    Free Member

It’s a nightmare route for someone with so much potential, but so little bike skills. I can’t understand why he has so little punch on Ardennes style climbs either, when even the Shlecks managed on them okay.

Dan Martin for the GC win, you heard it here first 😉

lunge

So if Froome goes for the Giro and Vuelta who will lead Sky at the Tour? Is Kennaugh a good enough climber? Luke Rowe maybe? Porte? Roche?

weeksy

lunge – Member

So if Froome goes for the Giro and Vuelta who will lead Sky at the Tour? Is Kennaugh a good enough climber? Luke Rowe maybe? Porte? Roche?

None of them, IMO stand any chance.

Lifer
    Free Member

Konig for the hills, shirley.

AlexSimon

I wonder how Geraint’s climb-training is going.
    Hopefully as well as Wiggos did in 2009.

kennyp
    Free Member

Could be a smart move. He is still annoyed about not being allowed to be the first Brit to win the Tour. So why not be the first Brit to win the Giro or the Vuelta? Okay, so Joe Public only knows the Tour, but in the cycling world winning the Giro is a massive thing.

butcher

So if Froome goes for the Giro and Vuelta who will lead Sky at the Tour?

It does seem a strange move from Sky, considering how much focus they have always put on the Tour. But maybe a smart one.

PrinceJohn

What a wimp – toughen up buttercup – you’re a professional sportsman hence being paid to live an awful lot of people’s dream.

Sam

Not enough TT miles and too many cobbles. Not surprising he’s focussing on the Tour.

Porte could potentially make a top 5 GC contender for Sky….

chakaping
    Free Member

What a wimp – toughen up buttercup – you’re a professional sportsman hence being paid to live an awful lot of people’s dream.

Did you read the link? He’s aiming to win two grand tours instead of one.

Good to see him using his head and Sky (presumably) being willing to focus on stuff apart from the TdF. **** knows who they’ll be supporting for that though!

mrblobby
    Free Member

Don’t need to go in aiming for GC. Could aim for stage wins instead.

chakaping
    Free Member

It would be ace to see Geraint Thomas “get stuck in” on a few stages, and Peter Kennaugh.

lunge

I do wonder if they could “do a Garmin” and not focus on GC, just on stage wins. Fill the team with people like Thomas, Rowe and Kennaugh, maybe add a pure climber or 2 as well and go on the attacked. It’d be a nice departure from previous tactics.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘froome not keen on 2015 tdf’ is closed to new replies.