Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Froome in 'Golden Tunic', er… TdF….er… WTF?
  • no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Apparently, according to the Gruniad (and from TdF organisers):

Not only will Froome and the other finishers ride all the way up the Champs and around the Arc de Triomphe, the race winner will do so in a unique golden tunic…. revealing that the jersey will be sequinned

Errr… this could be funny 😯

unklehomered
    Free Member

Jesus has he not been through enough with the endless doping questions and, err, cycling round France, and up Ventout, twice…

allthepies
    Free Member

Ventoux.

And it was twice up Alpe D’Huez.

Carry on 🙂

clubber
    Free Member

I rally hope that’s true. of course it might just be a dodgy translation though I’m not sure lamé or others would be any better 🙂

unklehomered
    Free Member

Yeah I watch in the evening, with drink, and other stuff on the other monitor, so 😛

but still its a bit mean on Froome.

hora
    Free Member

Amazing that one rider is so far ahead this year beating a grand tour winner fresh back from a doping-break.

clubber
    Free Member

not sure what your point is Hora. could you clarify?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

5 mins margin over 80 hours. That makes him 0.00104 times faster than his main rival.

clubber
    Free Member

Hora’s common sense is several percentage points lower than average. I slyly accuse him of stupidity doping 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

I think he means he is hurting and having been left broken hearted by his first true love he thinks everyone else will break his heart so he just cannot trust again.

Tis a shame
    LA you bastard that you could do this

clubber
    Free Member

indeed. scepticism is healthy. cynicism as a default position is pretty corrosive.

hora
    Free Member

Thats right.Hardwork. The rest are slacking.

clubber
    Free Member

I think that people have actually forgotten what clean racing looks like…

Tom-B
    Free Member

What about Wiggo last year then hora? It was what a couple of mins to Froome but his main rival Nibali was 7 minutes down. Was Wiggo doping too?

Junkyard
    Free Member

That bit mean
    Lance you bastard you said it was about the bike and I believed you. They said you cheated and I defended you. I bought a yellow band and together we fought cancer. The govt went after you and I defended you Lance, I stayed true …then then this LANCE THIS

LANCE I DONT TRUST ANYONE …riders they are all like you you lying bastard

Someone else want to do the next one?

tomhoward

😆 @ JY

metalheart
    Free Member

Everybody stopped doping in 06 (I think a memo went round to tell everybody). Well part from a couple, but they’ve been caught.

Cycling has never been cleaner.

A new dawn has broken!

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

I assumed Hora would be a fan of Froome-just look at him, he obviously rides a bike thats too small for him….

thejesmonddingo

Clubber hora certainly has 😆

hora
    Free Member

@ Tom B and the other dreamers. Wheres Shleck? Contador?

Why so dominant?

But of course, hes just ‘better’, histime to peak. Wiggo explained away as last years tour favoured him.

Yes its clean. You have to hope I suppose.

I lost my faith.

metalheart
    Free Member

a unique golden tunic….

Cool, a golden fleece!

Junkyard
    Free Member

I lost my faith.

No you misplaced it in Lance and now you cannot find it

hora
    Free Member

Denial isn’t a river in Egypt.

Junkyard
    Free Member

You who defended LA up until he confessed want to lecture me on denial

Oh the ironing

Tom-B
    Free Member

Hora none of that rambling post made any sense!

I’m no dreamer either….I would be quite surprised if Froome is clean-the rider he reminds me of is your fallen hero Lance…however his winning margin is not really that surprising is it? The bloke in second is in his first Tour and the bloke in third is in his second (albeit is pretty experienced)

What has Schleck got to do with it? Do you actually follow road cycling or just the tour? I’m guessing the latter as Schleck fared much better than most expected this year.

bikebouy
    Free Member

How long did it take in this thread to start the moan about doping?? 4/5/6 posts???

C’mon fellas, slacking.

speckledbob
    Free Member

I think there’s a good chance Froome is clean. Schlecks been poor all year, Evans is old and tired and Bertie is clearly off the beef. They all looked tired today. You know, like they’d ridden a hard tour. Not like Lala, Pantani and the likes who just seemed to power on regardless.
    Just not natural.

Edit. Fair enough bikebouy.But its good that it keeps coming up. Riders are presumably under much greater pressure to be clean than ever before.

higgo
    Free Member

A word to anyone who hasn’t worked it our yet…. ignore anything Hora ever[/b] says about road (race) cycling.

He has less than no clue about it.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

… ignore anything Hora ever says about road (race) cycling.

Fixed that for you.

HTH 😀

Anyways… back to what Froome might be wearing tomorrow.

Will it be something like this?:

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

So, is Quintana doping moar than Froome ‘cos he beated him on that last climb or less as he’s just a boy?

Hoping to god this yellow jersey is cheesy as ****, only someone that looks as bad on the bike as Froome could pull it off I reckon.

loum
    Free Member

A Columbian involved with drugs?

Can’t be possible, can it?

MrSmith
    Free Member

Somebody is that naive?
    Can’t be possible can it?

waller
    Free Member

Oh my…. That is a splendid blouse….. 😀

hora
    Free Member

Yes I bought into the hollywood nature of it from his recovery. I’d like to believe.

Tom-B
    Free Member

So do you actually follow road cycling as a whole or just the Tour then?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Hora we all believed at some point and we all wanted to believe at some point. the story sold well and the man dominated them all with his force of personality and cycling prowess.
    He was not alone but we can but hope it is a new dawn.
    Dont loose faith in the sport or taint them all with the same brush.
    I think there is a genuine change in the peleton, riders, team ethics and the sport in general.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Didn’t anyone else think the whole ‘cigar’ thing was a bit, er.. off?

avdave2

A word to anyone who hasn’t worked it our yet…. ignore anything Hora ever says about road (race) cycling Life The Universe and Everything.

He has less than no clue about it.

🙂

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Didn’t anyone else think the whole ‘cigar’ thing was a bit, er.. off?

the cigar thing involving Joaquim “Purito” Rodriguez, Purito meaning ‘little cigar’ and a reference to him passing his team mates on a climb at his first training camp making a “smoking a cigar” gesture?

No more naff as an image referring to celebration than drinking champagne (good grief Froome looked uncomfortable), but more amusing given who it involved.

Tom-B
    Free Member

As above, J-Rod is nicknamed purito which means little cigar….even if he wasn’t, why would it be off?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Froome in 'Golden Tunic', er… TdF….er… WTF?’ is closed to new replies.