Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 87 total)
  • Froome fan
  • tinsy
    Free Member

I was never a hater, I didnt bother reading all the stuff in the press as it sounded like guff, but after yesterdays stage I am now a fan.

Is the full Sky team for the Tour announced anywhere?

loddrik
    Free Member

He’s an idiot, and his stupid bloody girlfriend. After his antics in the tour last year where he was leading Wiggo up the mountain but felt the need to grandstand and make it look like he was so much stronger than Wiggo and needed to be as blatant as possible in letting everyone else know. I for one will be happy if he does crap in the tour. With Contador back he’s going to find it more difficult than last year.

llama

With Contador back he’s going to find it more difficult than last year.

OK maybe Bertie has not *cough* peaked *cough* yet but it’s not looking that way at the moment is it.

the trouble for Froome is that, I’m sure he is an OK bloke, but it does not come across as such, and he appears a bit shifty.

However, his saving grace is that he is a waaaay more interesting than Wiggo to watch, so that makes him good in my books.

You are @ukcyclingexpert and I claim my £5

sputnik
    Free Member

Go away loddrik, this thread is for fans of Froome only.
    There’s enough threads to bitch about him , go there please.

As for yesterdays performance, it was epic! Watched the last 20km with sweaty palms.

Lifer
    Free Member

Pffffffy. Johnny-come-latelys.

cloudnine
    Free Member

On a bike he looks a bit like an awkward stick insect with big pointy elbows

molgrips
    Free Member

Any highlights online I can watch?

bikebouy
    Free Member

I think he’s a stroppy kid.

” I want, I want, I want ”

No wonder Wiggos out of the Tour, Brailsfords handled this with blinkers on.

Having said that he’s a cracking rider, hope he does really well and gets in a break and rides out from the front.

Lifer
    Free Member

But he actually rides, like he did yesterday, unlike Wiggins.

“After all the work my team did on the climb, winning the stage seemed the least I could do”

Yeah, what a dick.

Lifer
    Free Member

Molly try steephill.tv

soobalias
    Free Member

ooh what happened yesterday? i was at work

Edukator
    Free Member

but felt the need to grandstand and make it look like he was so much stronger than Wiggo and needed to be as blatant as possible in letting everyone else know.

His climb rate for those 20min confirmed something else we already suspected. Physiologically not possible unless… .

llama

ooh what happened yesterday? i was at work

Froome handed Bertie his arse on a plate like a doped up bowl of paella

Junkyard
    Free Member

he is a waaaay more interesting than Wiggo to watch

he is in that he has a turn of pace rather than grinds them out

Still know which one I would rather be stuck on a desert island with and that is his real problem

Cav and wiggo are proper personalities where as he is just a great bike rider with a “supportive” GF

Anyone really see him winning sports personality of the year?

camo16
    Free Member

Physiologically not possible unless…

Ooh, is it insinuation time then?

Here’s the counter position: Team Sky are totally clean, not a whiff of banned substance between them. No hair Dave said so and I’d like to believe him.

Edukator
    Free Member

The same Dave that said he was absolutely certain Rob Hayles didn’t dope when explaining away his 50%+ or the other team GB one? Dave must have a large number of clones to spend 24 hours of every day with every rider to be so certain.

wrecker
    Free Member

Anyone really see him winning sports personality of the year?

Didn’t Ryan Giggs win it one year?

stevious

He comes across as a bit of an arse in interviews and he looks like a bag of coathangers on a bike.

I like him.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Didn’t Ryan Giggs win it one year?*

well he got the ladies vote …lots of them 😉

Hey edukator is here with his insinuations how long before he gets pwned again and sulks off

So then tony martin v Chris Boardman
    😆

* ok he has no personality either

wrecker
    Free Member

well he got the ladies vote …lots of them

Only the ones he hasn’t punched in the face 😀

Duggan

I like him. Anyone who look like an alien on a bike gets my vote every time.

No idea why people are blathering on about his ‘personality’, maybe you should watch Big Brother instead if this stuff bothers you so much. That said he seems sound to me anyway.

spoon
    Free Member

I spoke to him briefly at the Tour de Romandie as he was warming up for his TT, seemed like a nice enough bloke!

camo16
    Free Member

No idea why people are blathering on about his ‘personality’, maybe you should watch Big Brother instead if this stuff bothers you so much.

True enough. Professional cyclists aren’t usually laden with personality – for every Pantani there’s an Indurain or a Lance. I’m guessing most people who enjoy hour after hour on bikes aren’t normally 24/7 gag-crackers… which makes me wonder, incidentally, how many people on here actually ride bikes.

Strange for a profesional athlete, but it’s Froome’s raw ambition that I find most unappealing.

warton
    Free Member

His climb rate for those 20min confirmed something else we already suspected. Physiologically not possible unless… .

This. Lets be honest here, name me three other cyclists who used to mash a 56-11 in a time trial one day, then fly up a 12km climb the next. how about:

Riis
    Indurain
    Armstrong

He gets more suspicious every day.

Here’s the counter position: Team Sky are totally clean, not a whiff of banned substance between them.

So why did they hire one of the most notorious team ‘doctors’ in the sport?

captain-slow
    Free Member

Froomedog is indeed less of a personality than Wiggo, but more interesting to watch riding up a mountain as he really does have a change of pace.

Personally I think he was(is) the only chance of a british (ok I know he’s really Kenyan) winner of a grand tour this year and I hope he stuffs it up the previously banned for substance abuse contador good and proper.

I feel better now,

camo16
    Free Member

So why did they hire one of the most notorious team ‘doctors’ in the sport?

Maybe he’s a good doctor?*

* is naive, but happy.

Junkyard
    Free Member

ben johnson – ran fast and took drugs
    Carl Lewis ran fast and took drugs

Ussain Bolt runs faster than they ever did therefore he must take drugs

Be in awe of my logic [ and ignore my absence of evidence]

camo16
    Free Member

Jeez Junky, that’s proper logic that is. 😀

swavis

He’s a bike rider, he’s there to win the race not a personality contest 🙄

I like both Wiggo and Froome but Froome is certainly better to watch, yesterday was superb and I can’t wait to hopefully see some more in the TDF.

FuzzyWuzzy

I’m warming to him (nothing like having an adopted Brit that’s winning to change your mind 😉 ). I thought he was a prick during the TdF last year and his GF needs to STFU about cycling stuff but yeah he is good on a bike and able to react to attacks better than Wiggo so should hopefully be a little less stressful watching mountain-top Tour stages.

swavis

Just out of interest, where do people keep reading about his GF going on about cycling? I keep reading similar comments but seem to have missed what she’s blethering on about.

rusty90
    Free Member

He’s a bike rider, he’s there to win the race not a personality contest

Bike racing needs to move into the 21st century – after every stage there should be a chance for the viewers at home to vote, then the winner decided by Simon Cowell, Will I Am and Alan Sugar.

warton
    Free Member

to clarify, I think he’s good for the sport, nice to see someone attacking for once. But, I don’t think he’s clean

tinsy
    Free Member

Fuzzywuzzy is on my wavelength… (that may be a good or a bad thing)&

This is also a good point.

True enough. Professional cyclists aren’t usually laden with personality – for every Pantani there’s an Indurain or a Lance. I’m guessing most people who enjoy hour after hour on bikes aren’t normally 24/7 gag-crackers

Lifer
    Free Member

Unashamed Froomance here. I don’t get the negative comments about his interviews? L’Equipe seem to like him and they’re actually at press conferences etc…and French.

tinsy
    Free Member

Anyhow I have had a search & not found it, is there an officialy Sky linup for the tour yet?

hmanchester
    Free Member

I quite like a sports person who just goes out there and trains and performs as well as they can, and don’t put any consideration in to their public image.

And so for this, I like Mr Froome.

I’m thinking of other sports people fit in to this category….

Paula Radcliffe
    Jonny Wilkinson

Loads out there.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Just out of interest, where do people keep reading about his GF going on about cycling? I keep reading similar comments but seem to have missed what she’s blethering on about.

She spouts her nonsense on Twitter

wrecker
    Free Member

She really needs to STFU. I cant believe that 11000 people follow her. Sad. “Retired IT geek”. Free loading gold digger more like.

Lifer
    Free Member

wrecker – Member
    She really needs to STFU. I cant believe that 11000 people follow her. Sad. “Retired IT geek”. Free loading gold digger more like.

Oh teh ironing. She can’t say what she likes but you can spout nonsense like that?

They important word in your post is ‘follow’. I don’t care what she or Cath Wiggins have to say so follow neither.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘Froome fan’ is closed to new replies.