Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Front wheel alignment
  • ali69er
    Free Member

Hi,

Out riding yesterday and noticed my front tyre was buzzing when I cornered, seems that the flex is causing it to rub on the lowers, but it only does it on one side. I see its minimally out of alignment, just off centre to the left. Its a mavic hub, is it a matter of loosening the cups on one side to shift it across a couple of mm or is there something else? The wheel seems to be true.

cynic-al
    Free Member

No, it’s about getting the wheel dished properly…take it to a shop, ideally where it was a bought

julianwilson
    Free Member

It’s not a rockshox sid by any chance? (do a search on here if it is!)

ali69er
    Free Member

No, its a tora. What is dished?

cynic-al
    Free Member

dished = rim sitting centrally relative to hub, sounds like yours isn’t right.

Needs the rim position moved by tightening & loosening spokes. NO offence but if you are asking these questions then you are unlikely to be able to sort it yourself and should go to shop – should have been right from day 1.

Junkyard
    Free Member

you could check dish by measuring the rim distance from the fork leg for each side

I am assuming the forks are true

ali69er
    Free Member

Well now I have been put in my place maybe I will do that

scaredypants

take the wheel out, reverse it and see if the fault persists (if it does it’s the fork, if it’s “gone” to the other side it’s the wheel)

(remember not to ride with it that way as the brake won’t work)

ali69er
    Free Member

Its definitely the wheel but its a job beyond me so I will go to the lbs. Its had 2 years use so probaably needs some attention

andyl
    Free Member

might need re-tensioning if it’s gone a bit floppy. I normally pay £10 for a true and re-tension. Worth every penny to look after your wheels if you are not confident/competent to do it yourself.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Front wheel alignment’ is closed to new replies.