• This topic has 11 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by duir.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Front tyre for winter mud
  • vorlich
    Free Member

I’m currently running a Maxxis HR ST 2.3 up front, but am finding it a little skittish in muddy bends. I’ve switched to a Bonty Mud X on the rear, which seems quite good, but I want something with more volume.

Lots of roots round my way too…

Swampthing?

rocketman
    Free Member

Minion 2.5 (not that big) HR II if you’re happy with your HR or a 2.4 Big Betty

trailmonkey

i’ve been off twice in the last 2 rides because of HRs getting bunged up.

lost confidence now so they’ve got to go until things dry up a little.

probably stick a an old 2.35 nevegal on there

PaulD
    Free Member

v,

I offer you a brand new folding kevlar Panaracer Spike Rear 2.0 (swap your Mud-X to front and fit this on rear) and a brand new Continental Survival Pro 2.3″ wire bead.

Pana is £20 posted, Conti is £19 posted. Both are £37 posted.

Mail me if interested.
    Pix of Pana only.

paul.r.davisAThotmail.co.uk

chakaping
    Free Member

Schwalbe Muddy Mary is a big volume tyre that handles mud well, might be a bit too big a difference from yr mud x though.

They might still be cheap at On One.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Swampthing?

Yep, spot on. I ran High Rollers all year (ST front, 60a rear) and as they’re pretty worn I’ve just swapped to Swampthings (same size, 2.35 and single ply). Only slightly more draggy but really confidence inspiring – ST handles roots fine too.

toys19
    Free Member

Just done triscombe uplift this sat, it was rooty everywhere and a muddy in spots. My swampthings were awesome grippy. Love them.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Swampthing. It’s what they’re for.

russjp
    Free Member

I’m currently running a mud x on rear and maxxis minion dhf up front. Seems good for moist conditions. Will put swampthing up front when it get proper muddy

kilo

Started with stock nevegals ona giant Trance and got spat off everywhere, changed to Panracer Cinder 2.25’s and love them

vorlich
    Free Member

Thanks all, reckon I’ll go for a ST up front then.

duir
    Free Member

Not suprised you find the high rollers skittish, they are a terrible front tyre in the mud! Swamp thing 2.35 ST front is the best of all in mud and just about everything else in the UK until next summer!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Front tyre for winter mud’ is closed to new replies.