Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Front shifter dropper post remote conversion
  • deano8
    Free Member

I’m planning on converting a shimano front shifter to use on my ks dropper post.
    Has anyone done this or has anyone found instructions online.
    Any advice pls

andrewh
    Free Member

Old thumbie or posh new one?
    I would guess a thumbie would be easier as it can pull however much cable you want it to, theses new fangled indexed ones only pull in set increments.

stew1982
    Free Member

I reckon it’ll work fine, but you’ll have to up gear to change height and down shift to hold that position – thinking about it, I reckon it’ll work better than the original for on trail use!

legend
    Free Member

I reckon it’ll work fine, but you’ll have to up gear to change height and down shift to hold that position

Or just remove the ratchet and use the lever like a normal remote

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’d imagine you just remove the ratchet ring. The lever will never hold a “shifted” position. Push and hold, drop the post, release the lever to lock.

deano8
    Free Member

It’s a new style slx double front shifter.
    I just wondered if there was a way of removing bits to make it work without changing up and back down.

Northwind

It could definitely be done with a 9-speed X9 lever- reason I know is I had one that decided to stop ratchetting. Sadly threw it in the bin as it’d have been ideal for you!

Might be some issues with the length of “throw” though, shifters pull a lot of cable, droppers tend to actuate with just a few mm so you might end up with an awkward lever action

singlespeedstu

Why would you want to use a massive lever with loads of extra weight and un needed bits to operate a simple action like a dropper post?

deano8
    Free Member

The ks lever is prone to getting lots of crap in it and become very stiff or stop working:(
    It looks like I need to file down bits to unbolt the whole thing inside.
    Looks like its a trial and error thing then:(
    Wish me luck

singlespeedstu

All you need to remove the lever from the KS remote is two allen keys.

deano8
    Free Member

Sorry stu, I was referring to the shifter, not the ks remote 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Front shifter dropper post remote conversion’ is closed to new replies.