Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Front mudguard options…
  • matt_outandabout

..which works well without interfering / being a faff? (On suspension forks.)

I have a couple of the zip tie on arch plastic things – but have had some faff with tyre rub – anything else to consider?

whitestone
    Free Member

I use the MuckyNutz mudguard that goes on the downtube. Simple velcro attachment loops.

SirHC

Powa Dfender is the least faff to attach

IMHO the little bendy mudguards dont really do a lot. If its mucky/wet I will run a rockguardz pg450/pg350 keeps the much out of your eyes/face most of the time.

jam-bo

mudhugger FR.

rOcKeTdOg

Mudhugger FR or the new adjustable one https://www.instagram.com/p/BXM2iOCjJrh/

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Mudhugger FR is the boy.

jam-bo

is the coverage better or worse on the new flatpack one?

shifter
    Free Member

They’re all a faff if you like to lay your bike down in the car.

whitestone
    Free Member

What!?

Lay bike down, mudguard *might* slip round a bit. Take bike out of car and push back. Sod all faff, it takes longer to straighten the antimacassar on your seat headrest. 🙄

rOcKeTdOg

jam bo – Member
    is the coverage better or worse on the new flatpack one?

FR is better but the flexible one fits larger tyres (or forks with less clearance) better

Rubber_Buccaneer

What!?

Lay bike down, mudguard *might* slip round a bit.

Well, I like my mudhugger FR but if I leave the bike in the car overnight in a position that distorts the guard it stays in that shape until I get a heatgun on it. I just have to be careful

joemmo
    Free Member

Well, I like my mudhugger FR but if I leave the bike in the car overnight in a position that distorts the guard it stays in that shape until I get a heatgun on it. I just have to be careful

Just use 4 of these velcro ties instead of zip ties and you can take the guard off when you need to.

shifter
    Free Member

Anyone else have to look up antimacassar?!

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Anyone else have to look up antimacassar?!

Me, I got this by way of an explanation.

Greybeard
    Free Member

This works well (after adding a washer made from old inner tube to stop it coming loose)

https://www.leisurelakesbikes.com/10510/products/cube-race-26-28-inch-mtb-mudguard-black.aspx

chipster

SKS Shockboard. It looks a bit Moto, but it works.
    It slides on to the bung you leave fixed in the steerer. Spare bungs are available, so you can swap the guard between bikes.

philjunior
    Free Member

I tried the sheet plastic type guards and found problems in the car and sometimes with tyre rub too. I’ve gone back to a bit of inner tube from the fork crown to brace. A crud catcher would help with this but it cuts out a lot of the muck.

singlespeedstu

The Defender works so much better than anything else I’ve tried including the mudhugger, rockguardz and about five different brands of the flat plastic type. Dead easy to take of and put back on too.

patriotpro
    Free Member

shifter – Member

Which is why the MuckyNutz trumps the lot as it flexes straight back to shape whereas the MH/Powa/Zefal offerings do not I believe.

benp1

I have the SKS shokboard on my rigid SS, although currently unclipped for the summer. It’s a surprisingly good mudguard, I use the bike for riding in the gloop and it makes a huge difference in how much I get covered in crap

nickhit3
    Free Member

Which is why the MuckyNutz trumps the lot as it flexes straight back to shape whereas the MH/Powa/Zefal offerings do not I believe.

I would dispute this. The FR I have has not had an issue at all resuming its shape if it has been bent either in car transport accidentally, or as a result of a genuine crash. A non issue imo.

Kahurangi

SKS Shockboard

I’ve broken load of these.

MuckyNutz trumps the lot as it flexes

We’ve mangled and creased several of these

velcro ties

Winner! I took a wee drill to my Rockguardz (will also work for Mudhugger I’d expect) to turn the zip tie holes in to slots and used the double-sided velcro from a dead Mucky Nutz. 30 seconds to take on and off as required.

matt_outandabout

Cheers all – velcro ties I have hundreds of at work…and will try a MuckyNutz

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Front mudguard options…’ is closed to new replies.