Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Front mech fell off – Intense Carbine
  • rugbydick

So, I was riding my Intense Carbine last week and the front mech came off. The metal hanger that should be attached to the frame ripped clean off
    Not sure how it has happened, but I’m fairly certain that it shouldn’t have happened…

Has anyone seen anything like this before?
    Anyone want to hazard a guess if the frame is still rideable (with a single ring up front). I’m going to assume not due to the damage to the carbon on the seat tube.

View of the seat tube showing damage

Front mech with the hanger and a bit of carbon still attached

wwaswas

quality pop-rivetting, not 🙁

manufacturing fault, clearly.

It should be fine with a single ring and a bit of sealant over the holes if the tube looks otherwise undamaged until you get it sorted out.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Go 1×10, sorted!

Just plug the holes.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Or… rivnuts and epoxy.

bikeneil
    Free Member

I’ve seen that before on a couple of plastic road bikes. I’d buy a metal bike if it was me ;o)

rugbydick

Thanks for the input, everyone.
    So is this a manufacturing fault or just something you should just accept with a carbon bike?

Doesn’t seem right that you should just expect your frame to fall apart…

jonk

If you want to get up and running, fit an e-type mech.

rugbydick

Can’t fit an e-type mech with a pressfit BB…

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Warranty?

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

[Quote] I’ve seen that before on a couple of plastic road bikes. I’d buy a metal bike if it was me ;o)[/quote]

My plastic road bike uses an old skool clamp on mech 😉

To the OP, are you sure its not a sticker? Clamp-on adaptors are cheap and plentiful, househusbands looks pimp but brand-x and generic eBayers do em for about a fiver.

honourablegeorge

I’d be looking for warranty replacement on that, if there’s no evidence of a heavy impact to it.

jemima
    Free Member

http://www.itwplexus.com/materials/composites.cfm

This stuff is the business if you’re outwith warranty. Its very dear but if there’s anyone near you who is into boat repairs incl. GRP they may have some a help you out??

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Front mech fell off – Intense Carbine’ is closed to new replies.