Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Front Mech (direct mount) confusion
  • Alex

Second question today from the componentally confused. I need a direct mount for a 36/24 chainset (SLX 2×10 if it matters). So I think it’s this: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=69486 but that’s a 38-44 ring size. Which sounds blooming odd for 2×10!

Never had a direct mount before, not sure how much tolerance there is. I know I need a high mount so it looks the right shape but is it going to work?

Or am I looking at the wrong product? I’ll ask my LBS to find me one but wanted to get an idea of whether the 38-44t would work for a std shimano 2×10.

I’m sure it never used to be this confusing. The headset I’ve completely given up on finding the right bits. Take frame to bike shop, point at head tube, ask nicely for a headset to be installed I think is the right approach.

klunky
    Free Member

I can sell you a used once xt for £20 if you like?
    Came on my new remedy but I went 1 x 10

Alex

If someone tells me it’ll work and you can get it to me on Friday then sounds a fair way to save a fiver!

klunky
    Free Member

The remedy 9 came with the ratio you are discussing (I think) so should be golden

perthmtb
    Free Member

Yep that’s a standard Shimano 2×10 direct mount FD. The 38-44T refers to the largest chainring it’ll work with, its not the two chainrings. Standard Shimano SLX or XT 2×10 is 38 or 40T big ring, so it’ll work fine, not sure where you got 36T from, unless you’ve fitted non-standard rings?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Front Mech (direct mount) confusion’ is closed to new replies.