Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • front lights…
  • z1ppy

DX P7 bike torch – 3hrs on full beam according to the site.
    DX P7 torch – 1hr on full beam (tested by me).

trout
    Free Member

DX bastid early light same camera not the same night

MMMM nice just enough light

tooooooo much lumens

fries insects

And for the record the top Bastid is advertised to be 900 lumens

the troutlight around mmmmm 1100 lumens

and the bottom around 7200 lumens

Mugboo

Hi Elaine Ann

I'm in the process of negotiating on Hope Vision 2's.

If your interested drop me an email, i'm only over in Bingley so should be easy to sort out

Cheers Jason

Toddboy
    Free Member

At 7200 lumens you are going to down planes, :lol:, that's an impressive bit of kit. I am all in favour of individuals producing and selling gear that is better than the obvious mainstream choice that we tend to have.

I think that most people would buy British, if the price is competitive with imports. Doesn't havet to be as cheap, but close enough for us to question buying a cheaper more unreliable light. The comment about buying 2 lights has been made on other forums too, and is an option, why not? it's so cheap.

I know the question has been asked before, and apologies if I have missed the answer, but it would be useful if Troutie could post the price of some of his lights on the forum. It may make a few people buy British!

Captain_Crash
    Free Member

I think Trout has a website, I'd have thought the prices would be posted there ?.

🙂

TB, I agree with you, the price of stuff produced a bit closer to home may not have to be same price or cheaper than stuff from the far-east, so long as its competitively priced.

I believe, and this is only my opinion so don't shoot me, that one of the reasons that companies choose not to produce sutff in the UK anymore is due to wage demands.
    We can't escape the fact that the typical Chinese worker will stand at a work stationst in a factory, assembling a light, for a lot less per hour than a British person.
    Higher wage demands ?, this is because the cost of living in the UK is now so high. I'd be happy to work for 10K a year, if my house cost 30K…
    Just my view.

McBoo, would be interested to read your post about the Trout 600 light, when you can.

🙂

CC.

trout
    Free Member

Sadly I have no prices on the website web design is not my forte so if anyone wants to make it a real nice place to go maybe we can do a deal

The profit on a 6xpe light is about £30 out of the kit which I sold for £140 or a bit better if I built it up and sold it for £165 takes a couple of hours to do a build . and that is without battery / charger.
    so it is not a cheap light but far better than the lumicycle led head which sells at £165 and I bet their making more than £30 profit

I only do it because I enjoy inventing and making stuff and the buzz of feedback when someone says what a brill light .

grtdkad

I managed to pick up a set of these for around GBP220 (brand new)..1,850 lumens and 3-hrs run time, absolutely stunning lights: http://www.trailtechproducts.co.uk/acatalog/MR16_Eclipse_Mountain_Bike_Light.html

Solo
    Free Member

Trout.

Hi, e-mailed you recently. What Max current you running your XP-E at ?.

As you know, I make the odd light, but since you came up with that XP-E job, I wouldn't even think of trying to sell the lights I make.

Any word on when we'll be seeing the XP-G ?.

🙂

Grtdkad. Interesting, but the page seems to indicate a price of £364.
    1850 lumens. Not sure you'd have too many people wanting to ride with you, unless you were out-front with that on full beam. Thats a lot of light.
    🙂

Solo.

CountZero

I do hope that your DX light doesn't fail while your on a stretch of DH in the pitch black. Cos if that happened, the consqeuences would still justify buying the DX.

jackass, that really is an incredibly ill thought-out remark. What about a battery failure on your fancy British made light under the same circumstances? Or a pcb connection? What about something like the Exposure JoyStick, £175 with built-in battery? What are you supposed to do when the battery dies halfway round a ten-mile loop in the dark? Where's your back-up then? A second £175 light? You've got to be kidding. Exposure had a lot of failures on lights costing well over £200, so it's little wonder people who's funds are very tight indeed are buying a £50 light that they know, if it fails, they'll get a replacement quickly, no quibbles. For your information I have one of the DX bike lights, and it's very well made for the money, and for the amount of night riding I do It's almost impossible to justify spending more. And, in case I have a malf while out on the bike, I carry a DX P7 torch that I helmet mount. It has the same emitter, puts out a lot more light than the JoyStick, and, unlike the JoyStick, I can replace the battery if it goes flat. The cost? Around £23, with a bunch of batteries costing about a tenner. You obviously enjoy a job where you earn a fat wage, with no fear of redundancy, probably with a nice final wage pension at the end. You sound like a local govenment feather-bedded drone to me. I on the other hand have to watch where my money goes, and it goes on what I can afford.

duckers
    Free Member
    trout
    Free Member

Sorry Solo
    Been real busy lately

700 ma for the XPEs
    1000ma for the XPGs

XPGs should be out around now Cree touted third quarter 2009.

Solo
    Free Member

Trout.

Thank you very much, you're a star 😀

Posted on another thread about my 1st ride with my first 6 x XP-E.

Solo.

Captain_Crash
    Free Member

CZ.

Ha,Ha,Ha. You make me laugh.

I'm claiming JSA ! how do like that ?.

If it goes on, I'll lose my home and face utter financial collapse and ruin, around Jan next year. How do you like that ??.

I am a fully qualified British Engineer, the next project I was supposed to work on……HAS GONE TO **** CHINA AND I HAVE LOST MY INCOME AND MY LIVING. HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT ????.

Lets see you lose your job to an office in China and see how you feel about people getting excited about cheap Chinese lights !.

So…. 🙂 go buy your cheap chinese goods. Heck, its difficult not to these days in the UK. In the meanwhile perhaps I'll just take a trip to Beachy head shall I ?..

How dare you insult me on a public forum when you do not face the bitter consequences I do because of the march of the Chinese export monster. You make me sick.

I'm sorry you felt the need to call me names. I don't know you, and if I were ever to meet you on a ride somewhere, I'd hope I'd at least do so hatchet-free. But I guess thats not likely when you write cr4p like that.

CC.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

**** me CC, calm down, surely you can't claim to have never of bought foreign goods?
    I do feel your pain, but insinuating axe murder, really…

🙄

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘front lights…’ is closed to new replies.