• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by gray.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Front lights for none round bars
  • bluebird
    Free Member

I’m looking for a new front light that will fit onto aero drop bars. Due to fitting onto none-round bars the current favourites are the Cateye Volt 1600 and the Gemini Duo 1500. Mainly used for night road riding on very dark, unlit country lanes and the odd bit of off road.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

TiRed

Which aero bars? If Giant, they do an out front mount that clamps to their bars. This has a Garmin mount on top and a go pro mount on the bottom. I use that with a Joystick or Fly 12.

The Exposure Joystick bar mount fits OK with the red strap but it is not ideal.

The best fitting lights are the Cateye Volts with the traditional clamps. So a Volt 800/1200 would be my suggestion.

My old aero bars had a nice round section in the middle it was a better solution!

rs89
    Free Member

Exposure do a stem faceplate mount that might give you another option. It puts the light well ahead of the handlebars.

I presume it also works the other way up (mounted on top two bolts) but I don’t own one, so can’t comment!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mark90
    Free Member

These also make a good stem cap mount for lights. My luminator is attached to one, with a bolt through the end hole of the mount into the mounting hole on the underside of the light. Might not work as well with a long road stem though, and limit the downward angle.

Love Mud Bheesty

bluebird
    Free Member

Exposure do a stem faceplate mount

That’s perfect, thanks

gray

Raceware direct do useful stuff too: http://www.racewaredirect.co/

I currently have a Canyon Garmin outfront mount, with a little doodah from eBay bolted underneath it (bolts go into the Garmin quarter turn mount disc thingy) which gives me a GoPro mount beneath. To that I mount either a Lezyne or Ituo WizXP2.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Front lights for none round bars’ is closed to new replies.