Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Front light. 100 quid tops.
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

It’s that time of year again where you need one for standby at least and in a coupla weeks on the bike full time, so which light for 1 night ride a week? Some rocky and some fast flowy woods local stuff.

MrOvershoot

IIRC the chap is on here Mark is his name I think? I’m sure you could get it cheaper direct from the far east but its easier if you have a problem with it.
    http://www.mtbbatteries.co.uk/mountain-bike-lights/

Daffy

I’ve got an Exposure Maxx D which I’m about to bung on the Classifieds? £100 and it’s yours.

br
    Free Member

It’s that time of year again where you need one for standby at least and in a coupla weeks on the bike full time

You must go out early, last week all lights were on for a 7pm start for us.

Just buy a couple of the ‘5000 lumen’ lights off ebay. They’re not 5000 lumens but at £30 they are top VFM. A few of the guys have them.

edward2000
    Free Member

The ones off ebay are a bargain, I use one for my night rides and it’s brilliant at lighting the way. I actually carry a spare I my back just in case of emergencies.

edward2000
    Free Member

The ones off ebay are a bargain, I use one for my night rides and it’s brilliant at lighting the way. I actually carry a spare I my back just in case of emergencies.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Another vote for the 5000 lumen jobs. Cheap enough to be thrown away at the end of winter and bright enough to ride happily

thegiantbiker
    Free Member

MTBbatteries XML. Bright enough that I’ve used it to ride new descents on sight at a pretty high speed. Also, I can leave it set to medium for the climbs/flats and have more than enough light and battery time.

cruzcampo
    Free Member

This £26

http://www.fasttech.com/product/1285800-solarstorm-x2-cree-xm-l-u2-4-mode-2000-lumen-led-b

use coupon code BLF for a further 5% off.

Better than me mates £200 hope lights.

Rockape
    Free Member

+1 for Mtb batteries had my light two plus years and still going strong.

shifter
    Free Member

I bought one of those single LED Hopes from Wiggle when they were forty odd quid and really like it. Stopped using my Lumi now.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Usually go out straight from work so pedalling for just after 5. If I go home in between I get bogged down and don’t end up going out…
    Thanks for the replies.

Northwind

Those solarstorms are ludicrous value.

MrOvershoot

Rockape – Member

Think you’ll find that’s +2 😉

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

love it, the annual what chinese light threads again. did’nt even have to ask, just searched. can’t believe how cheap lights are this autumn, just ordered a solarstorm for 20quid delivered. silly cheap. well worth a punt at that price. and its got to be better than the dealextreme p900 torch i’ve been using ever since they were the cheapest and brightest thing… which is still a great light imho. i don’t do lumen wars.

ransos
    Free Member

Think you’ll find that’s +2

+3! I’ve done 8 hour overnight road rides in the pouring rain, and it’s always been faultless.

cruzcampo
    Free Member

gavtheoldskater – it is a punt that will leave you gobsmacked, when the sun comes out at 10pm LOL

nwgiles

My magic shine is in the classifieds for less

subtle?

wrightyson
    Free Member

Ordered the crazy cheap sola storm one. Here’s hoping its as good as you say.

mattbee

I had no intention of getting a new light but decided that at price I couldn’t turn down one of those Solarstorm jobbies.

cruzcampo
    Free Member

I’ll try and get some pics of both running together tomorrow night, one on the helmet, one on the bars. VS just the XML single, VS the Fenix torch.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Nice one. As I said on the other thread they seem to be on hols for a week so not sure when I’ll get it but I’m really looking forward to trying it out. Am I right in thinking you get a uk plug adapter? Is it worth getting another btw? We ride some very dark fast woody bits?..

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Front light. 100 quid tops.’ is closed to new replies.