Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Front Garden Pump Track Project
  • mossman_uk

Moved to new house with a big lawn, perfect for building my first pump track.
    Any quotes of wisdom for me?
    Not much topsoil before the bedrock, what material would I be looking to bring in for construction?
    Any advice gratefully received.
    Will post progress as we go along!
    Thanks

wwaswas

Any quotes of wisdom for me?

get the neighbours on your side…

mossman_uk

@wwaswas not a problem, plus I should add our front garden runs onto the beach, not facing the road or anybody else’s property
    Thanks

wwaswas

Lots of sand for the pump track (with carpets on them in winter to prevent erosion) and a Fat Bike then if it’s straight onto a beach 🙂

LoCo
    Free Member

Make sure the drainage is sorted, and make it look nice I.e turf the sides if the front garden

edit: flood defences then maybe?

stevied
    Free Member

I should add our front garden runs onto the beach

Any advice gratefully received

Post your address so we can all come round for a huck session, some surfing and a b-b-q?

mossman_uk

@stevied

Better bring a winter wetsuit as it’s Scotland were talking about!

TooTall
    Free Member

Look at Architrail’s page on Facebook. They have just finished a private pump track and put pics up.

mossman_uk

Location 🙂

kayak23

You’ll need to move that dog.
    Otherwise, buy Pumptrack Nation off of of the internet.
    Pumptrack nation

GEDA
    Free Member

I have planted flowers in my pump track. It was a bit of a mistake to plan the pumpkins to close though. I came back from holiday and they had taken over. When I built mine I was lucky as the area used to be a hardcode gravel pig pen and there are lots of huge boulders. Every year I have built some more stuff. Try building some ladder drops and gap jumps as well but you need a bit of a starting ramp in a small area.

weeksy

Nice garden !

VanHalen

just dig. i find half the fun is digging and changing it to work better/expand/add a new line.

dont aim for something pro looking unless you have a mini digger as it is a lot of digging. i spray mine with weedkiller during hte summer as i dont use it enough to keep the foliage down on my own!

wouldnt bother to import – create borrow pits inside berms etc.

your garden is huge. my track is about 1/3 of that and it took me about 6 months of evenings to get a continuous loop that worked well. my rideable line is about a foot wide but everything is smoothed out and i`ve since added a few extra lines to cross back over and swap directions etc.

I`m toying with building wooden quarters….

whatever you do DONT buy a plan. orginality is best and most fun.

cakefacesmallblock

Until I saw your photo, I was going to post about maybe it wasn’t a great idea, in case the local scrotes watched as you rode bikes round and knew where they were and came back to take them. Nice location !!!!

Ps . Hope that’s your dog and not a lioness.

Northwind

Your horse looks ****ed.

mossman_uk

Cheers guys, looking forward to the dig/build.
    The large dog/small horse/lioness will be supervising.
    Probably suggesting a hare to follow round the track!

mossman_uk

We’re right out in the sticks plus you can’t see any of this from the nearest road. I guess you could see it from the beach though!

jwt
    Free Member

Lee likes bikes – pumptrack nation, a ‘how to’.
    Highly recommended.

scottfitz
    Free Member

Lee likes bikes – pumptrack nation, a ‘how to’.
    Highly recommended.

This plus lots of updates and pics please!!

jekkyl

That is a great outlook, you definately have to have a stw ‘crew’ party where we all come over, go for a big bike ride and then get leathered by a fire on the beach.

hooli

Nevermind the pump track, I would be looking at buying a boat if I were you.

mossman_uk

Nah, the dog is rubbish at sailing, two left feet!

mossman_uk

VanHalen

top tip. dont get carried away and try and wallride the neighbours fence without testing if its strong enough first.

jairaj

Great Location! Can we get a Grand Designs style video on the build progress? Where you try to build something comparable to Whistler with £6.75 budget 😀

Try not to make the corners too sharp. Its very easy to think you can carry speed around a sharp bend when in reality you can’t. Start of simple, figure of 8 type thing. Get it working well. Then change and expand from there.

handyandy
    Free Member

please do make a video diary/blog of the build.

Good luck and don’t forget the potential of old pallets for berms 😉

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Front Garden Pump Track Project’ is closed to new replies.