Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Front garden how to fix….
  • LMT
    Free Member

The original plan was to tarmac it and put the car on it, but the council have refused the dropped curb application twice and tbh I don’t think an appeal will help, the front garden is big enough for the car parked sideways hence the declined.

Currently it’s stoned round the edges with a 1m x 2.5m grass? Weed, moss mud mess. Talking to the oh she wants to put the bins out there like most the neighbours do in there front gardens.

I was thinking a path of slabs across the one side for the bins then ether stones across the rest or churn up the mess and replant some hardy plants so it’s not a complete loss. Never had a garden before is it as easy as that or do i need to prep the ground, when’s the best time to do things like this??

shermer75
    Free Member

I’m struggling with the complexity of this euphemism a bit. What does ‘the council’ represent?

Cougar

They own the kerb, obvs, and thus are blocking anyone from parking their vehicle in the front garden.

Have you thought of parking round the back instead?

sc-xc

If permission is refused for the front, then suggesting the back is a good idea.

We had a similar issue with a massively overgrown bush. I asked the neighbour to cut it back – and it has been – but it’s not as neat as I’d like.

Our new house will have a garage big enough for two at a time. It’s the only way I can keep everyone happy.

shermer75
    Free Member

*giggity*

TheBrick
    Free Member

sc-xc – Member

If permission is refused for the front, then suggesting the back is a good idea.

We had a similar issue with a massively overgrown bush. I asked the neighbour to cut it back – and it has been – but it’s not as neat as I’d like.

Our new house will have a garage big enough for two at a time. It’s the only way I can keep everyone happy.

Pure filth! Reported.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Front garden how to fix….’ is closed to new replies.