Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Front derailleur limit screws :(
  • wolfenstein
    Free Member

Hi all, can anyone enlighten me why the limit screws cant move my FD cage(?) .. With or without cable tension it just wont budge even a mm.. So i can set it up 🙁

andybanks
    Free Member

Move it with your hand. Then adjust the screws.

cynic-al
    Free Member

it’s seized?

DickBarton

Does it still have the large plastic spacer installed in the parallelogram piece?

Slogo
    Free Member

The low mounted ones are a lot harder to move than the top mounted versions.

bommer
    Free Member

make sure you’ve wrapped the cable around the pulley if the routing goes under the bb

skids
    Free Member

push it while you’re turning the screw

wolfenstein
    Free Member

Cheers all, will try moving while adjusting screw.. Which is weird.. Defeats the purpose isnt it ? 🙄

Screw doesnt seize, even took it all off and clean it.. Just wont budge even an mm when turning any screw either ways

jimc101
    Free Member

Don’t think cynic-al meant the screws could be seized, rather the mech it’s self, the screws are limit stoppers, and you should be able to move the mech with in the limits of the screws by hand if no cable is attached.

From your description, sounds like the mech / parallelogram is seized

wolfenstein
    Free Member

I can actually move the mech by hand no problem.. Last time i sorted this out moving the mech by hand while tightening cable tension , this time though presents different problem as it reach max limit out on biggest chainring.. Amd i want it more to be moved out couple of mm .. So the chain wont rub.

DickBarton

Have you recently changed bottom bracket? If so, it could be too wide?

Paceman
    Free Member

Check the height and angle too, it may be catching on a chainring where you can’t see it. More likely just a bit seized up though. Remove the cable and try moving it in/out by hand.

andybanks
    Free Member

Have you used no more nails instead of thread locker?

cynic-al
    Free Member

slogo has it I think. On low mount mechs the limit screws don’t move the mech, you need to do it by hand.

Paceman
    Free Member

Good advice Cynic-Al for future reference 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Front derailleur limit screws :(’ is closed to new replies.