Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • front brake judder
  • ktmblag
    Free Member

can anyone tell me why I’m getting heavy juddering under front wheel braking..it’s like abs judder..have a 29er with magura mt2 and xt hubs

Popocatapetl

I would check the following: Headset correctly adjusted. Callipers securely mounted. Rotors securely mounted. if all that is correct, then check the wheel bearings. Finally, ensure that the wheel is mounted and secured correctly. You can check for play in the headset by pushing the bike forward and applying the front brake. If there is still slight forward movement after the wheel has stopped, then the headset needs tightening. HTH.

ktmblag
    Free Member

I’m just going to get the bike in the kitchen and check everything..it’s only done a couple of hundred mile so shouldn’t be anything worn out

Suggsey
    Free Member

I once had magura brakes and the wave rotor that came with them caused terrible ‘abs’ feel judder. Swapped them out, judder instantly went.

darrell
    Free Member

alternatively your brake pads are contaminated with some oil

change them and clean the rotors

jimjam
    Free Member

It could just be your pad and rotor combo juddering. On the other hand it could be fork bushings.

ktmblag
    Free Member

everything is tight just checked will get some brake cleaner on in morning….or I’ll take it back again

VanHalen

Wavey rotor or worn disk Or oil/fingerprints. Defo not the pad.

captaindanger

I have the same issue but assumed it was down to the rotor and ignored it

stuarty
    Free Member

ERM have you had the Allen key in to say its tight
    Or just rocking it
    Because it sure sounds like its a smidge loose

ktmblag
    Free Member

Had the Allen keys all round it..just decontaminated it and it’s a lot better but not disappeared completely..I’ll try another muddy ride then some new pads..it’s a centre lock disc hub

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘front brake judder’ is closed to new replies.