Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Front AND rear bike seats set up?
  • flyingmm

Hi there, looking at various options for taking my 3.5 year old and 1 yr old to nursery. Tried the single chariot and rear seat option today as the youngest has just started at nursery. Nice setup except a lot of hassle as I have to leave both the trailer and seat at the nursery, lugg them downstairs passing through countless locked doors – not much fun with the chariot especially. Other than giving the double chariot a go, has anyone tried a front and rear set up? Seems like the yepp mini may give most room but concerned about bike handling and room for dismounting all of us safely! I commute with a 16″ surly ogre so not the largest frame, but strong. Any experiences you could share are welcome. Thanks

takisawa2

We have a Kona Ute. Has a long deck at the back. Will easily take two child seats, if your practical minded enough to fix them on. Other option is an Xtracycle. They do the seats etc, ready to go but getting very pricey.

The Ute is the most life changing bike I’ve ever had. We just love it. My lads are 5&7 so just sit on the deck on pads, holding the frame. Stoner off here has an Xtracycle.

IMAG0224 by pten2106, on Flickr

oliverd1981
    Free Member

how about a Donky?

toys19
    Free Member

I have this set up on my Ute, I would not say its restricted to cargo bikes though, any bike with a rack.

Its a Leco front seat
    And a GMG Yepp Junior on the back.

The only real issue is remembering the one on the back as I often dismount by unswinging my leg…

Sorry about the crap pics.

I also have a pair of GMG Yepp Maxi’s for sale with the metal rack adaptors. Hardly used as the kids out grew them in short order.
    Mail me at forum user name hotmail com

flyingmm

I love the utes. Thanks for the pics. Sadly, don’t think there is enough in the coffers to buy one. I do like the Oxford seat idea, minimalist, simple, no hassle and looks like it doesn’t catch your knees like the other larger brands’ front seats. Wondering if I would need to get a new handlebar with the curve to ease the fit around your wee one-looks like you both have those as std issue on the ute? Thanks for the offer toys19, but I have the rear seat, just looking at other options. Does that Oxford seat tilt forward to counter the slope of the top tube? Also, when you stop, can you squeeze between both saddles – looks tight! Thanks Oliverde 1981, nice carthorse, but a wee bit industrial for my liking.

v10
    Free Member

why stop at 2… 😀

flyingmm

Thanks V10, I’ve just had to clear up all the tea I just spluttered everywhere – 2 is more than plenty thanks 🙂

toppers3933
    Free Member

the seats on v10’s pic are made by YEPP and they are really good. the material is soft and doesnt absorb water.

Stoner
    Free Member

Landrover is up on blocks again this week so it’s the school run by bike. Jr Sr is half a mile down the road, Jr Jr is 3 miles out to his nursery.
    At least it hasnt been hissing it down with rain. Quite a nice way to start the day though. Then back home for bacon sarnies 😀

flyingmm

Hi stoner, how do you find the xtracycle and how much does a set up like yours set you back? I wouldn’t rush fixing the landy, looks like the kids are having a ball.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Front AND rear bike seats set up?’ is closed to new replies.