Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • from top of garburn pass heading north, is it rideable?
  • lakesrider
    Free Member

from the top of garburn is it rideable going over Yoke and Ill Bell to join high street?

cheers

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Great day on the bike, once at Thornthwaite – head over to Nan Bield.

ton

it is great, but it is not all rideable. a few steep pushes and not ridable (for me) downs.

did it a month or so ago……was ace tho.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

There’s a second path that skirts the peaks to the west so you’re not clambering over the very tops

lakesrider
    Free Member

ton – how long did it take you from top of garburn to the top of nan bield?

Just wondering if i should try it this evening.

Stabiliser – yeah i noticed that on the map but it looked a bit indistinct on the google satellite pics

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

You’ll be a good couple of hours from the top of Garburn to the top of Nan Bield, If you’re not hanging about.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Not been up there for a couple of years but it was fine last time

NBITF – nah, it’s pretty uppy downy but nowhere near that. I reckon about 10k on the ground so a good hour but not 2.

ton

took me 2 hours or so I think. would love to do it again.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

10k on the ground with 4 tops to go over. And I don’t rush that ride, it’s some of the best views in the country.

Edit – Last time I did it, at the last climb up to thornthwaite there is a wee singletrack path at a fencepost on the right that skirts around the hill and is pretty good. Makes it a little shorter, and you’re not missing anything tbh.

postierich
    Free Member

Its rideable all the way to the wall and gate then its hike abike then 80% rideable to the Beacon.
    We are riding it next Wednesday evening 2.30hr for the whole route.Parking at Green Quarter

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘from top of garburn pass heading north, is it rideable?’ is closed to new replies.