Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • From the Sublime to the Atrocious – Friday Music Q
  • superleggero
    Free Member

Looking for the artist/band with the biggest gap in quality between their best single release and their worst.

For example with Chuck Berry it could be the disparity bewteen Johnny B. Goode and My Ding-a-Ling, or for the Beatles it could be the gulf between Hey Jude and Yellow Submarine, or with David Bowie it could be the chasm bewteen Space Oddity and The Laughing Gnome.

Appreciate this is entirely subjective and there may be some differences in opinion – this is the broad church that is STW after all 🙂 .

Seamus
    Free Member

Space Oddity wasn’t that bad 😉

Freester

I’ve got a playlist called ‘Great Track Crap Album’ where I bought the CD based on one single and been utterly disappointed. Would some of these fit into your criteria?!

scud
    Free Member

U2, from Joshua Tree and Rattle & Hum to forcing their albums on you via itunes!?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Supergrass and Ocean Colour Scene fit perfectly into this category.
    Both had hits of nominal credit, and both produced awful albums from which came those singles.

superleggero
    Free Member

Seamus – 😮
    Freester – any contributions welcome

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Meatloaf I’d Do Anything For Love (But I Won’t Do That)
    Meatloaf Bat out of Hell.

ThePinkster

Goo Goo Dolls – Iris then anything else they’ve done.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Meatloaf I’d Do Anything For Love (But I Won’t Do That)
    Meatloaf Bat out of Hell.

Which one is the good one 🙂

Cougar

I’ve got a playlist called ‘Great Track Crap Album’ where I bought the CD based on one single and been utterly disappointed. Would some of these fit into your criteria?!

I hope you have Stiltskin and Republica in there.

tjagain

cornershop – brimful of asha norman cook remix compared to the rest of the album

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘From the Sublime to the Atrocious – Friday Music Q’ is closed to new replies.